Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Radiator Issue

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by kwpilot
Yes I unplugged it probably about two or three times for fitment issues with the UICP. That's why I thought this was the issue. Any guidance?
Nope, its no big deal at all, grab a scanner confirm its a MAF code, clear it and never look back
Old May 9, 2017, 11:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok that's what I thought going to scan it after work. Thanks all.
Old May 9, 2017, 06:47 PM

So I pulled codes 107 & 113. My wife drove the car and said the boost gauge was reading all over the place, from 0-24. Looked at it when I got home and the OEM boost solenoid nipples were not capped. I understand that since I'm using a manual boost controller these do not have to be capped. Does anyone know if this is true or not. I'm going to pull the intake again and reinstall it. I still feel like this is a MAF sensor error or something to do with the intake but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old May 9, 2017, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
So I pulled codes 107 & 113. My wife drove the car and said the boost gauge was reading all over the place, from 0-24. Looked at it when I got home and the OEM boost solenoid nipples were not capped. I understand that since I'm using a manual boost controller these do not have to be capped. Does anyone know if this is true or not. I'm going to pull the intake again and reinstall it. I still feel like this is a MAF sensor error or something to do with the intake but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere
Old May 11, 2017, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did not realize the mishimoto rad caps were an issue, I've had mine on for half a year now, Kinda glad I didn't toss my OEM rad cap now.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:20 PM

So I removed the UICP again and checked for any loose connections. Picked up some caps for the boost solenoid nipples and will double check the connection with the intake. Hopefully this fixes the problem if I am having a boost leak somewhere. Will report back.
Old May 13, 2017, 04:30 PM

So I believe the problem is fixed. After checking all hoses and pipe connection I reinstalled the LICP since it felt very loose to me. Boost is holding in normal ranges. I filled the new radiator up as well as the overflow tank and went out for a little drive. The overflow reservoir is a definitely lower but no leaks detected. Thanks to everyone who chimed in for this.

Old Feb 20, 2023, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever thought about this?

So looks like I will be installing a new radiator. Drove car the other day and once parked in the garage could smell coolant. Investigated all hoses and saw no obvious leaks. Did however see coolant pooling up at the top of the radiator where the plastic meets metal which leads me to believe the plastic is cracked or the seal around the metal teeth has been compromised. Car is running normal temps however coolant reservoir level does fluctuate more than normal. Mishimoto radiator should be here on Saturday. Hopefully installation finds no further problems. Looking for reviews on the Mishimoto rad cap, wondering if I should give it a shot or pick up an alternative.
A leaking head gasket can cause radiator problems has it ever gotten hot?