Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 Fuel Cutting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by butte
OP, just curious if the symptoms seem to vary based on throttle position? I had the same issues with Tephramod whenever I held TPS around 100% and I'm curious to see what helps your issue

Are there any problems that you can't fix with an FPR and a fuel pressure gauge?
When the car goes lean, changing the throttle does not stop the issue. I have only recently experienced the issue when cruising or going from a stop, but that has also been the majority of my driving. I have never experienced the issue when at WOT or near it, but that could be just luck
Old Jul 12, 2017, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

okay, so my Tactrix cable came in the mail, and I have evo scan set up.

I will be getting logs tomorrow or later tonight, what values should I log?

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Looks like you are on SD and if so then you must be running an aftermarket MAP sensor. If your MAP sensor is an Omni 4 bar MAP sensor, try swapping it out for a known working one and report back.
So it looks like you said it correctly. I just plugged in my comp into the car and checked the CEL that tripped the other day. P0107 MAP sensor low voltage. Now could the car not trip the CEL and still have issues, Im placing the order for the new MAP sensor as I write this, but could it really be that simple?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Yes. When I first came across this issue I had no CELs pop up. The faulty MAP sensor had me chasing my tail for a while. It wasn't until I used Evoscan and saw that my manifold pressure reading was erratic and incorrect even with the engine off. Once I changed out the sensor the car fired right up.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Yes. When I first came across this issue I had no CELs pop up. The faulty MAP sensor had me chasing my tail for a while. It wasn't until I used Evoscan and saw that my manifold pressure reading was erratic and incorrect even with the engine off. Once I changed out the sensor the car fired right up.
Does this only apply to speed density
Old Jul 14, 2017, 01:11 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO
Does this only apply to speed density
No.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
No.
Ill see if I can pull up my readings
Old Jul 16, 2017, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

The sensor has been ordered. I forgot to mention that the old MAP sensor was also an OMNI 4 bar, how long are the lives of these sensors? I have no clue when mine was installed because it has been on since I have bought it, but is there any maintenance or something that I could do to make sure i dont run into this issue again? Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jheff
The sensor has been ordered. I forgot to mention that the old MAP sensor was also an OMNI 4 bar, how long are the lives of these sensors? I have no clue when mine was installed because it has been on since I have bought it, but is there any maintenance or something that I could do to make sure i dont run into this issue again? Thanks!
Ive seen multiple threads with them going out, I think its just something that needs to be changed as regularly as it gives out, I also think they will warranty it for you!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Mine lasted a little over a year. However a friend of mine had his go out as soon as 3 months. It's a crapshoot however Omni has supposedly revised the MAP sensors to be more durable. My friend changed his out for the new revised one and so far no problems. I think he's been on this MAP sensor for 6 months so far. As for me I've since switched over to an AEM 5 bar MAP sensor.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Mine lasted a little over a year. However a friend of mine had his go out as soon as 3 months. It's a crapshoot however Omni has supposedly revised the MAP sensors to be more durable. My friend changed his out for the new revised one and so far no problems. I think he's been on this MAP sensor for 6 months so far. As for me I've since switched over to an AEM 5 bar MAP sensor.
I saw, if there is a warranty however I should probably hop on that. Hopefully this will fully solve the issue!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Any updates? Did getting a new sensor solve the problem?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Any updates? Did getting a new sensor solve the problem?
I have been driving the car to make sure, I dont want to post something and then it goes bad again. But so far no issues, It seems to have totally solved the problem.

I want to get more miles on the car before I say for sure!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Okay so I drove up to english town, drag raced the car, and drove back to Surf City. Car drove way smoother before and there was no issues that I could notice. The car seems to be perfect now and there seems to be no more issues!

Thanks everyone for your help!