Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is my evo 9 mr worth

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:52 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
anyone remotely interested in a car for investment purposes will want all the Original, number matching, parts.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Sep 17, 2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 09:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Astro_Train
it has an SE lip.. did you add that yourself?
Doesn't the MR SE also have that lip?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by empunker
Doesn't the MR SE also have that lip?
its an areo option. if you look at my original window sticker it was an add on. For around 350$ if I remember right.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 06:00 PM

I would post for about 32k they way I have seen the market lately. Awesome car btw
Old Sep 18, 2017, 07:09 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by EnergyBoosted
I would post for about 32k they way I have seen the market lately. Awesome car btw
Old Sep 18, 2017, 07:12 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Madboost
If you still have the stock rear bumper with factory paint it would probably increase the value a bit higher.
You are off your rocker. the USDM bumper is crap. We're only stuck with it because the gov't thinks it knows what is best for us.

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
anyone remotely interested in a car for investment purposes will want all the Original, number matching, parts.
Anyone remotely interested in buying a 12yr old Japanese, mass-produced sedan, as an investment, needs to have their heads checked LOL.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
30-32k easy for your evo at that mileage. There are people already paying 27k and up for way higher mileage evo's compared to yours. Easy sale for that car honestly. The jdm rear honestly isn't eve a huge deal... as people are claiming on here.

Originally Posted by kaj
You are off your rocker. the USDM bumper is crap. We're only stuck with it because the gov't thinks it knows what is best for us.

Anyone remotely interested in buying a 12yr old Japanese, mass-produced sedan, as an investment, needs to have their heads checked LOL.
Tell that to South Coast Mitsubishi who sold there last few evo 9 mr's for 90-100k plus. Apparently they weren't off there rocker.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 05:02 PM

What a beauty. GLWS.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 06:34 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Zhul
30-32k easy for your evo at that mileage. There are people already paying 27k and up for way higher mileage evo's compared to yours. Easy sale for that car honestly. The jdm rear honestly isn't eve a huge deal... as people are claiming on here.

Tell that to South Coast Mitsubishi who sold there last few evo 9 mr's for 90-100k plus. Apparently they weren't off there rocker.
What people are ASKING for their cars and what they are GETTING are two, different things.
Re: South Coast:
No, they didn't. That whole thing was a publicity stunt. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj

tell that to the folks that own 20+ year old Supras... regardless whether the car was mass produced matters not. The Evo will likely never exist in this form again. Eventually as more time passes their value will go up. I will like to see what happens to the CT9As prices in another 10 to 15 years.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 07:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
tell that to the folks that own 20+ year old Supras... regardless whether the car was mass produced matters not. The Evo will likely never exist in this form again. Eventually as more time passes their value will go up. I will like to see what happens to the CT9As prices in another 10 to 15 years.
I agree, its already happening. I just hope we have parts availability
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:47 PM
kaj

To buy a car, not drive it/moth ball it for 20yrs, and make (maybe) $20-30k just isn't where it's at for me. But to each their own.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
To buy a car, not drive it/moth ball it for 20yrs, and make (maybe) $20-30k just isn't where it's at for me. But to each their own.
Not to mention you can earn far more investing your $$$ elsewhere
Old Sep 28, 2017, 04:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Originally Posted by XGon'GiveItToYa
Not to mention you can earn far more investing your $$$ elsewhere
+1

I have more fun driving them than watching them sit while hoping they maintain their value.

But it's nice to know that some people out there don't drive them very much. Makes it nice for buyers down the road who want a like-new example to drive!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaj
What people are ASKING for their cars and what they are GETTING are two, different things.
Re: South Coast:
No, they didn't. That whole thing was a publicity stunt. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
I don't have to believe everything on the internet because this isn't the first of the 5 evo's they have sold for a outrageous price. The white and red one sold for a lot. This grey one is the first one made public. Unless you know Sam and Abbas personally then don't assume you know more.

Quick Reply: What is my evo 9 mr worth