Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is my evo 9 mr worth

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 07:04 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Racing an electric car does not appeal to me at all. If, theoretically, combustion engines were to suddently disappear, I'd take up a new hobby.
The following users liked this post:
Zedicus (Oct 16, 2017)
Old Oct 6, 2017, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
so what if mitsubishi came out with a new all electric rally car and started selling them to the masses.
So 1st the WRC would have to allow/regulate electric rally cars. Then fans would have to be excited and tune in. Then Mitsubishi would have to re-enter wrc racing. Then the homologation special would have to pass NHTSA safety standards and be sold in the US. That is a pretty big "IF".
Old Oct 6, 2017, 09:14 AM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
So 1st the WRC would have to allow/regulate electric rally cars. Then fans would have to be excited and tune in. Then Mitsubishi would have to re-enter wrc racing. Then the homologation special would have to pass NHTSA safety standards and be sold in the US. That is a pretty big "IF".
but lets say that happened.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Then I would test drive one and see if I liked it. But unless its batteries can sustain it through a day of spirited driving (or have something like a <15 min recharge time), I highly doubt it would ever replace my evo.

I personally like a driving experience that engages all my senses. If I want a clinical driving experience I will just play a racing simulation. I just feel like we are a looong way away from electric sports cars capturing the hearts and minds of a generation.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 09:30 AM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
i totally agree, the experience has to be a better one before people will be converted. Some will never be converted, there are still people racing classic cars, horses, even camels. To them its probably not about peak performance, but about a specific kind of experience.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a great looking car, I am also looking to get rid of my 2006 SE with 36k miles and trying to price it out or do I hold on to it a little longer.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 01:57 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by DVS484
This is a great looking car, I am also looking to get rid of my 2006 SE with 36k miles and trying to price it out or do I hold on to it a little longer.
You can sell it now or hold onto it for, like 20yrs and hope the value goes up a few $1,000s
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
maybe not yet, but when your getting your doors blown off by granny in her grocery getter every time, peoples attitudes will change. 100% instantaneous torque at any rpm is a hell of a thing. Hot rodding will just evolve, instead of a bigger turbo or aftermarket heads, people will be installing upgraded power supplies, or super capacitor packs etc.
A modern V6 Camry is faster than a lot of old muscle cars.. yet people still pay $texas for those.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 08:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd agree with most, about $30k maybe a tad bit more. At that price, I feel like it'll be a long sale, because that right buyer needs to come along. Beautiful car. Good luck
Old Oct 14, 2017, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would start at 37k for sure and not take less than 33k
Old Oct 15, 2017, 09:22 AM
kaj

Start at $45k and not accept less than $40k.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the supra, any mitsubishi with VR-4 on it, nissan skyline, older 250z/300z, gsx eclipse, celica, and a very select few older imports will continue to increase in value but not like muscle cars, Ferrari, or even named turds like Porsche.

the why is honestly quite simple, muscle cars and specifically mustang and camaro are famous. you do not need to be a car guy to see them in media. they are cool so if you have one you are cool.

high end collectables are a money game not a car guy game, no reason to even explain that one.

imports are a niche market inside of a niche market. the actual car guy looking at a camaro knows the value of a camaro and mustang and GTO and gran turino. he knows the difference between a Le Mans, judge, GTO, and can tell you why there was asplit bumper camaro. but if you ask THAT car guy about a evo, talon, supra, or skyline, he MIGHT know what manufacture made each, at best.

a car guy that can point at an evo and say what gen it is, can probably carry a convo about ANY car from any category. so imports may gain SOME value, they will never be a deep sought after collectable. and movies like Fast and Furious actually make it worse for imports not better or more collectable. think of all the poor 2g eclipses that got ravaged after the first movie came out.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well put Zedicus
Old Oct 16, 2017, 07:23 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Zedicus
the supra, any mitsubishi with VR-4 on it, nissan skyline, older 250z/300z, gsx eclipse, celica, and a very select few older imports will continue to increase in value but not like muscle cars, Ferrari, or even named turds like Porsche.

the why is honestly quite simple, muscle cars and specifically mustang and camaro are famous. you do not need to be a car guy to see them in media. they are cool so if you have one you are cool.

high end collectables are a money game not a car guy game, no reason to even explain that one.

imports are a niche market inside of a niche market. the actual car guy looking at a camaro knows the value of a camaro and mustang and GTO and gran turino. he knows the difference between a Le Mans, judge, GTO, and can tell you why there was asplit bumper camaro. but if you ask THAT car guy about a evo, talon, supra, or skyline, he MIGHT know what manufacture made each, at best.

a car guy that can point at an evo and say what gen it is, can probably carry a convo about ANY car from any category. so imports may gain SOME value, they will never be a deep sought after collectable. and movies like Fast and Furious actually make it worse for imports not better or more collectable. think of all the poor 2g eclipses that got ravaged after the first movie came out.
Unacceptable. The Evo is God's gift to cars. They will all be worth millions.