Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much do you beat on your evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 05:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
How much do you beat on your evo?

Hello EvoM, this is my first post. A question i tend to ask a lot of people when driving a different car is how much they beat on it, or how many WOT pulls they do a day roughly.I ask this to really see what these cars can take. Let me know how you drive your cars
Old Oct 3, 2017, 06:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
First off, welcome aboard & thanks for posting

My EvO is a weekender / track day car & I beat on her regularly. Absolutely no launches, but it has seen some aggressive driving in its 55K miles

Old Oct 3, 2017, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
About as often as traffic permits, which probably ends up being a couple of times a day. Every open freeway onramp with no traffic is a 1st through 3rd gear pull.

I've had the car for the past 50,000 miles on stock block and turbo @32psi. I don't baby it on the road, but I do take good care of it in the garage with maintenance, checkups, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Hardly at all. Normal driving for me doesn't see above 3000-3500rpm

I'll rip on it maybe once every other week and that's a 2-3 pull or a 3rd only pull or a 2nd only pull.

Car really doesn't get driven hard. at all.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Stock engine @ 177k here.

Weekends/ occasional daily @ 30psi.

Only mods being intake/exhaust.

I am on it quite frequently, every time it's out it sees a WOT pull at least through 2nd.

25+ launches on it since I've had it.

Maintenance is kept up, parts are replaced quickly if they become worn.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
It's a racecar, so I race it.
The following users liked this post:
patric78 (Nov 14, 2017)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:39 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
drive it like a racecar and you will have to maintain it like a racecar.
The following users liked this post:
patric78 (Nov 14, 2017)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:11 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
My car gets driven about 300 miles a year. If I burn a tank of fuel once a year, I feel lucky.

I clean my calipers with a toothbrush.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
none for now, clutch slippin
Old Oct 3, 2017, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I only drive it once or twice a week, but it gets beaten on a fair amount with lots of WOT when I do drive it since I'm really only taking it on spirited back road drives. That being said, I've only launched it 3 or 4 times, and I always keep out of boost and keep the RPMs low after a cold start until it's warmed up. I'm very good about maintenance, and I only have basic bolt-ons and a tune, so the car has been good to me (125k miles on the clock).
Old Oct 3, 2017, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
The car will handle it, track days sees about 6 session of 20 minutes each, coming out of 9 corners hitting 7k going for 7 laps.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 02:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I use mine almost daily.
Rarely push it much, have a few now and then but seeing as its a daily for now,
end up mostly driving it nice and slow.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 03:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
Hardly at all. Normal driving for me doesn't see above 3000-3500rpm

I'll rip on it maybe once every other week and that's a 2-3 pull or a 3rd only pull or a 2nd only pull.

Car really doesn't get driven hard. at all.
Same here, in Panama City there are no freeways and a bazillion stop lights. My car just gets beat from the constant stop and go sadly...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 05:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome! Love seeing how people drive these cars. I get a lot of hate/jokes of mitsubishis being unreliable. I had a apex silver evo x before my bby evo 8, had 151k miles on the clock, stock turbo stock motor, never skipped a beat. If you keep up with the service these cars will last. Personally i do a pull 1st-2nd about once every two days on average, sometimes more sometimes less. 75k on the clock, i love my evo not much to hate on about these cars, they are awesome!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Evo X here, but the car is literally everywhere with me as long as there's no salt on the ground. Just about to hit 150k miles. I bought the car to drive it and enjoy it, so that is being accomplished daily. 125 mile round commute 5-6 days every week in it, where it sees highway, city, and back roads. Goes grocery shopping, goes to Home Depot & Walmart, takes the kid to school in the morning, goes camping 8 hours up north, goes on trips to the US 8 hours south, drives an hour to the track and back on a Friday night, drives an hour to abandoned industrial areas in the Toronto area late late Saturday night and comes back just in time for McDonald's breakfast at 5:00AM Sunday Morning, etc.

Stock longblock pump gas car making 470whp and it sees pulls multiple times a day. It's definitely driven, as it should be. Oil changes every 3-4 weeks, plugs once a season, all other fluids once a season. Always washed and simply kept clean.

I'm a strong believer that if you just maintain your car as you should and address anything that comes up, it will last a long time. And be smart, when you're being stupid. Don't hit 30psi on your stock turbo at 3k rpm in 5th gear, and your engine will last longer. Don't sidestep the clutch at every light, and your t-case (8-9)/rear end/diff pins (X) will last longer. If you have a 4G63, change the damn timing belt and components every 50-60k. Change your fluids with good stuff regularly etc...

Quick Reply: How much do you beat on your evo?