Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Which Evo should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluevoix
let me get this straight, you live in california according to your profile and your looking for rusted evo from the northeast/midwest ? Why ?

I only looked at the xlautogroup and automatically saw the rust forming on the driver side rear quarter or the big a$$ gap between front bumper and fender. I’m not going to waste time looking at the lexusofmanhattan site. If its a dealer stay away. Search private party as 99.9999% of dealer evos were bought with issues/non reported crashes at dealer auctions and fixed to sell the crap to you.

If your really in the market for an evo here is the best advise you can get other day try to look private party.

1. Look for an evo never driven in snow or road salt that means zero rust top or bottom. So stick to non snow/salt states. If you must look at the salt belt states then it better be private part that the condition proves it never was driven in snow/salt.

2. Low mileage doesnt necessarily mean great condition. Unfortunately with the evo too many people running dual gauge clusters one low mileage original and other to rank up the miles just to switch back and say “low mileage” . If they are not doing that , then what little mileage they put on , they did it without taking care of it and had issues they want to pass to someone else. Maybe even in bad accidents they never reported and fixed at their buddies shop calling it a “clean title” .

3. "bone stock aka never modified” - lately it just means they returned it back to stock to sell to you. Also the stock parts they put back together they bought used at the forum or ebay with who knows what the real condition of it is or mileage....

4. With the evo you get what you pay. There is a reason why some evo’s are 10k and some 20-28k . Except dealers, they just mark up garbage they buy clean and wax the engine bay like it was well kept in pictures only. Very rarely someone with a good evo will go trade it in aka get screwed at a dealer because they grew out of it or wanted a change.

5. A lot of people buy evo’s mess things up or realize they bought someone else's issues and turn around trying to sell to you. Some times its legit like life changes , family etc.. But you have to be careful not to be sold their crap lies.

Now you know the evo truth of what is really out there. Happy hunting.
+1