Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ralliart carbon side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
My Ralliart mirrors - original RHD carbon - wired up fine with OEM USDM Evo 8 plug.

I love them for looks, but they are useless in terms of being mirrors.

So for track oriented car (mine) they are cool, but in urban area daily driving situation waste of money.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
My Ralliart mirrors - original RHD carbon - wired up fine with OEM USDM Evo 8 plug.

I love them for looks, but they are useless in terms of being mirrors.

So for track oriented car (mine) they are cool, but in urban area daily driving situation waste of money.
Admittedly I have a RHD Evo, but in my experience they're honestly not bad. I adjust mine so you can only just see the doorhandles and the wing and they cover plenty of space behind you. You can see plenty with them, its true they do increase the size of your blind spot but they're far from useless, you should be making a quick check over your shoulder anyways when changing lane to look at your blind spot. The mirrors on my race car were half the size of the ralliart ones and they vibrated like hell, these are great in comparison.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank You for all the input. I am hoping that I can modify the internals of the mirror to get more movement out of them.
Now I have to decide if I want to paint them to match my factory paint.

​​​​​​​ Don