Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 or 2015+ STI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The EVO X is a better value and if you stay with basic power upgrades, it will be just fine.

If you are trying to build a race car, then get a EVO 8 if you want to save a little money and a EVO 9 if you want the best.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 08:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't forget, more STIs are still being built but no more Evos
Old Jan 23, 2019, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just gave my .02 to another person at another thread here that has a 19 STI and is thinking about getting an Evo:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11857881

Cliff notes - Evo all the way, love mine so much that my 16 STI is barely even a thought anymore. Love the raw feel of an older car versus the refined soft & refined "new car feeling" of the STI, so much more of a fun driver's car. But, it's a 13 year old car, so don't be surprised if you come across mechanical issues from just being an old car.
The following users liked this post:
Kevine326 (Jan 26, 2019)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Evo if you plan to mod it and Sti if you want more creature comforts.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Have had both at the same time. Just sold my STi. I can't get myself to sell the evo. Its one of the few cars I have owned and have kept. It just puts a smile on my face. I daily drove mine for years before I decided it was time to get something else as a DD. I liked my STi. I did a lot of work to it and was a fun daily but I hated how cheap it felt inside. Not that the Evo is luxurious but I like the simplicity of my Evo IX MR.

My 2015 sti was on e85 and was quick and fun to drive but again just felt really cheap when in the drivers seat. Both cars were easy to work on. STi has a slight edge when it comes to the trans but the motor can be a ***** to work on depending on what you are doing.

Even now with a few grown up cars I still love driving my evo. And we have a 2018 M3, 2018 Audi RS3, Ford Raptor and the Evo. With all those toys the evo still puts the biggest smile to my face.
The following users liked this post:
empunker (Jul 5, 2019)
Old Jul 5, 2019, 05:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
When I was shopping for a new toy a few months ago I considered a new STi. I used to have a GD back in 2006 and I absolutely loved it. But the newer ones are just too big for me. So I picked the Evo IX. However, I wouldn't daily my IX...