Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can anyone give an opinion on these evo 9 RS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts

I ran the VIN into a decoder. Looks like the Evo started out in life as an Evo IX RS. Might want to do a simple VIN number check to see if there are any body parts with different VINs. Also has an Evo 6 radiator.

Also some people failed to mention that it has an ABS system installed. An option that was specifically removed for all Evo RS. Other than that its easy to tell its an RS. All the sound deadening in the engine bay is gone just as the factory intended.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 02:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by deylag

I ran the VIN into a decoder. Looks like the Evo started out in life as an Evo IX RS. Might want to do a simple VIN number check to see if there are any body parts with different VINs. Also has an Evo 6 radiator.

Also some people failed to mention that it has an ABS system installed. An option that was specifically removed for all Evo RS. Other than that its easy to tell its an RS. All the sound deadening in the engine bay is gone just as the factory intended.
Only a steely eyed RS owner would have spotted that. Good catch

Wow, installing ABS is not the easiest of mods. Curious why that was done

I only know one guy that has done that to his RS but he races it
Old Mar 2, 2019, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn’t even see the ABS in there good catch man well there is a stack of English racing paperwork with it so I’m heading today since I have some more time to look over all the paperwork it does have a fully built bottom and top end with cams and that Jaz I need to look at the turbo it pulls super hard but I couldn’t see down there while dark outside to see if it was an FP turbo or what it drives amazing to be honest and the thing hanging under the car Idk what it was because I couldn’t find anything under..
the front fender does need a new clip so that’s no bad and the snow tires I don’t care about it’s not going to keep that wheel setup for more then a month anyway lol
Old Mar 2, 2019, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It's got RPF1s on it. Not a bad wheel setup. I totally overlooked the ABS as well myself. Its an aftermarket radiator so I am not too concerned about that. I put the evo 4 - 6 style radiator in my 8 too when I ran a full sized radiator as well just cause I never liked how the factory upper hose flows over the exhaust manifold. I prefer that personally over the 7 - 9 style radiator.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Check the trunk to see if the RS brace is in there, too. BTW the website says the car is sold.....:-(
Old Mar 3, 2019, 07:41 AM

Yeah it’s sold I bought it lol so the thing hanging under the car was a piece of exhaust wrap on it they put a new clamp on it it has gsc2 cams spring retainers built bottom end it is an evo 8 head but I was okay with it exedy twin disc clutch fp green BB turbo 1000 cc fic injectors 4” ets core upper and lower ets piping Halmon boost controller tuned and built by English to 389/357 what the dyno sheet shows it was all done about 4 months ago and has about 1800 miles on all the new parts...

Im just so glad I found it I’m going to keep the wheels and just get some new summer tires the pictures really don’t do it justice the car drives like a dream it really was taken care of
Old Mar 3, 2019, 07:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Congrats, You are IN

Post up here ASAP, please.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ry-thread.html

Exclusive club having an RS. Not too many of us owners out there

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Mar 3, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Congrats, You are IN

Post up here ASAP, please.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ry-thread.html

Exclusive club having an RS. Not too many of us owners out there
will do as soon as I get home and can get some pictures it needs a wheel alignment has a little slop dead center of the steering wheel and that’s the only problem I can find