Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2 Nearly New Evo IXs for Sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Didn't they import the most IX MRs out of all of the models?

Now if it was a IX RS or a VIII MR

z
e
R
e
p
Old Oct 11, 2019, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 118 Posts
^ right. the ix gsr is more rare than the mr.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 06:27 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by AllAccessedEvolution
^ oh yea that is the same one..i wonder why they decided to let it sit for another 2 years..regardless beautiful cars. If i were them id hold onto at least two for another 10 years.
It was a scam to drum up business.

Anyone who can afford to overpay this much for an Evo isn't the type of buyer that will want it. There are much better cars at that price point. WTF are they gonna do with a mass produced Japanese sedan?
Any of us that would want the car most likely would refuse to pay so much. Others simply can't afford it. I don't see any of those cars moving any time fast. Unless, of course, they "sell" them at another "auction". LOL

The dealership probably perceives greater value in the foot traffic the cars provide than an outright sale and are priced accordingly. I doubt they actually intend on selling them.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

They will either sell them or not but I guess this is what a new evo ix goes for these days since there is nobody to challenge their asking price. Also seems like you're trying to play down the value in ix for some reason , 8000 for all of North America is very low in terms of production numbers, probably only around half of which are still on the road if not less so i definitely wouldn't call the evo 9 mass produced, much lower than alot of those whats you consider "better" cars (if you want to talk mass production see corvette, mustang, porsche, bmw) however i do agree with the last statement that they are more than likely using them as a advert campaign than an actual sale.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 08:23 PM
kaj

They will either sell them or not
Most likely.

but I guess this is what a new evo ix goes for these days since there is nobody to challenge their asking price. Also seems like you're trying to play down the value in ix for some reason , 8000 for all of North America is very low in terms of production numbers, probably only around half of which are still on the road if not less so i definitely wouldn't call the evo 9 mass produced, much lower than alot of those whats you consider "better" cars (if you want to talk mass production see corvette, mustang, porsche, bmw) however i do agree with the last statement that they are more than likely using them as a advert campaign than an actual sale.
I'm just realistic about what the cars are and how niche the market is. They are tin cans with an awesome drivetrain that was mass produced and sold all over the world. Also, there are few people that really give a crap about these cars; they aren't popular or rare enough to justify these prices. It's b.s., but admittedly funny. I enjoy the circus.
And just because the US didn't receive a ton of these cars doesn't intrinsically make them more valuable. There has to be a better reason for a car to be a collector item.
Lastly, a better car is still a better car to someone with $75k in their pocket.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I find it odd how some people complain about the price of a car they aren't remotely interested in purchasing. The for sale ad is very real. Call up the dealership and express those thoughts. See how much they care and how much the price changes. That kind of talk would have maybe made sense if this was 2010, but almost 15 years passed for the ix and many are just realizing its qualities and yes the rarity. tin can? sold all over the world? i can name more than afew collector cars with hefty price tags that are.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:09 AM
kaj

I find it odd how some people complain about the price of a car they aren't remotely interested in purchasing. The for sale ad is very real. Call up the dealership and express those thoughts. See how much they care and how much the price changes. That kind of talk would have maybe made sense if this was 2010, but almost 15 years passed for the ix and many are just realizing its qualities and yes the rarity. tin can? sold all over the world? i can name more than afew collector cars with hefty price tags that are.
Because it's posted on a public form, therefore subject to public opinion. I get to express mine as you are expressing yours.Our opinions differ and there's nothing wrong with that.