Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCC Evo Orgy!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its cool. I don't have a scanner so no go on that. they were allowed race gas btw.
on a side note, a bushur customer car was supposed to compete but it was having clutch issues.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

To bad the Buschur car was not there. I would like to see what kind of numbers it would have put up.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

would love to have seen buschur and boost solutions ride. But it is a great issue. The EVO is a monster.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

That article sucked. No real info on the cars, and it sounds like it happened just the way it played out on the board here. Complete chaos, blown engines, missed deadlines. Usually SCC does a much better job at these things, I think this one was rushed for some reason and it shows. How can you tell what parts work when people are changing engines?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

no real info on the cars. it listed all mods, times etc... maybe u have a different issue or ur pages are missing

Last edited by batty; Apr 21, 2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

They liked the Sparco/Apex'i Evo best overall (ie the best combination of power, handling, etc.). The RMR car was good, but not dialed in. The RRE car was great handling, etc. It's best just to buy the damn mag... If it is just scanned here, SCC and other mags will be dissuaded from doing these tests in the future. If the issue sells out on newsstands, then they'll know to feature more Evos. Go out and buy the mag - the pics are really good, btw.

I was really amazed that all of the cars (RMR's bad clutch excepted) hit below 4.4 0-60 with a few cars in the 3.7-3.9 range!! The staff said the RMR car was the second hardest accelerating car there (after the Toda car), but the clutch was toast. Speaking of clutches, apparently the Works organic clutch is very stout.

Great job to everyone that participated.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

i was pretty disappointed as well, they should have set it up like they did the scc competition where they pick all the cars and have categories and a winner (by concept) not soley based on numbers, ie like a consumer best buy...i dunno, my 2cents
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:23 PM

No offense, but I think all the number sucks. One 11 second run? If this is a -nearly- no holds barred shoot out, I would expect alot more HP and track numbers.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by batty
no real info on the cars. it listed all mods, times etc... maybe u have a different issue or ur pages are missing
I can find out what mods those cars have by doing a search on the board. The times were interesting, but when cars are changing engines (and how many other parts), how can you compare anything? Half the cars had things wrong with them and after reading the whole article , I don't think I learned anything. Just my humble opinion.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

the mods for each car is listed in the article. overall I was dissapointed with the article as well. It actually confused me more than anything.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Too bad the WORKS car had no 4th gear at the SCC shootout.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Can't wait to read the article.

Just my $0.02 but it is kinda sad that the only thing I ever read on these message boards is:
1. how someone else's Evo sucks
2. my evo is tuned by "abc shop" and their way is the "only" way to make reliable power.
3. I would have made more power, but........
4. My car would have been faster on the track, but......
5. the magazines suck because......blah blah blah

It would be nice to read someone giving respect to their fellow Evo owners and congratulating them on getting their car in a magazine and representing the Evo community.

It is soo soo easy to sit at a keyboard and claim "you suck" without ever showing up to compete. Or, judging a dyno chart based upon a number without seeing a graph, or judging a 1/4 mile time without knowing anything about how they were tested.

If you think there will ever be a test where all the top tuner EVO's will show up on the same day and with all of them completely happy with their car's preparation, then you are living in a fantasy. Everyone always has an excuse in motorsports, and they always will. It would be nice however to once hear, "great job! You beat us today, but hopefully we'll be back next time to compete again".

Congratulations to the guys who did make it, and those who made it to the Time Attack at Buttonwillow. And hopefully we will get a chance to compete in the future with those that unfortunately could not be there.

The Evo community should be about pushing the boundaries, learning, and congratulating a fellow EVO owner for accomplishing something with their car that they probably take great pride in.....not degrading them, to try and make yourself feel better.

Scott

Last edited by blonde; Apr 21, 2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

AMEN. Scott, i couldn't agree more but we both know that this is the nature of the beast. i for one would like to say congrats to all the tuner who made the shootout and keep pushing the limits and make us all proud.

thanks

Snir

p.s

sorry about gettig into your post, i accidently ckicked edit instead of reply
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Wow some really great numbers cant wait to see the article. Congrats to all who entered it's great to see such a whole test day devoted to nothing but Evo's.Now I just need to go get it at the store but it is not out yet in my area. Oh well will keep looking for the great Evo reviews.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by 992gnt
I can find out what mods those cars have by doing a search on the board. The times were interesting, but when cars are changing engines (and how many other parts), how can you compare anything? Half the cars had things wrong with them and after reading the whole article , I don't think I learned anything. Just my humble opinion.
From what I understand, there were very few parts changing. If you want to read what happened specifically with the RRE Evo, it's all in this thread here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=64232

Congratulations to everyone that competed and hopefully the Time Attack and other future events will solidify the potential of the Evo, just as the potential of the previous DSMs has been shown.

Quick Reply: SCC Evo Orgy!