Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCC Evo Orgy!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by batty
would love to have seen buschur and boost solutions ride. But it is a great issue. The EVO is a monster.
If you want to see the boost solutions ride on the dyno at our shop the link is here...
http://www.dyno4mance.com/news/Boost_Solutions.php
be sure to check out the movie....
Old Apr 22, 2004, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

I loved the artical and I think that anyone that made it is a winner in my book. Spearo EVO is just Wonderfull. Awsome example of a TUNED EVO. RMR? I'm just wondering in the C&D 4banger shoot out they made a point that was a imported EVO 7 with AYC and ACD is that the same car in the SCC Evo Orgy?? If so it was not mentioned in the artical. Good Job RMR the HKS GT kit looks like a nice option. I think Vishu did very well. Compared to all the big money cars, Vishnu's car was the ture exotic eater sleeper of the bunch. With that much power and a front limited slip diff it would have been closer to the big boys with track times.

All in all the article was good but the pictures were way off. I guess having all the those evos it was tought figuring out witch eng bay belonged ware

Everyone did a great job!!! and It's nice to have so many great tuning houses to pick from right here in the USA.

I really wished Dynoflash showed but it just was not ment to be.

Eric
Old Apr 22, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So who's gonna do the honor of posting the pages ?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 09:06 AM
LDB
Evolving Member

Don't post any pages here. Everyone go buy the magazine. Just like already mentioned, it makes the magazine more likely to keep doing stuff like this for us if they sell a lot of copies. It's also not an honor it's illegal but I'm sure that doesn't bother nearly enough people.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by LDB
Don't post any pages here. Everyone go buy the magazine. Just like already mentioned, it makes the magazine more likely to keep doing stuff like this for us if they sell a lot of copies. It's also not an honor it's illegal but I'm sure that doesn't bother nearly enough people.
Ya guys buy the mag it's worth it and they have alot of good articals in this one
Old Apr 22, 2004, 09:56 AM
slt
Evolved Member

Originally posted by LDB
Your nuts if you think SCC will stop covering the evo. Anyways, most of the readers are going to be people dreaming about owning evo's, not us. I'll buy the mag either way, so someone post up some scans.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Hell I am going to go buy it

Good to see a few vendors showing strong results. I have one question though...is the Toda car tuned overseas? Who actually tuned that car?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

after buying the magazine, i'm still confused... i still don't know who to give my money to! oh well... i hate being so indecisive about these things...
Old Apr 22, 2004, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hueman
after buying the magazine, i'm still confused... i still don't know who to give my money to! oh well... i hate being so indecisive about these things...
If you want to see/hear the RMR stuff, come find me at one of the meets in NoVA (DCEvoClub meets). I will be at NOPI this weekend, but I'll be around next weekend.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

If you want to see how the Buschur customer car would have done... event finishes since this SCC event fastest EVo both days at T-hill Fastest EVO at Buttonwillow just Won the Open Touring Car Challenge touring-3 class (5 Road Courses in 5 days) placed 4th overall and beat alot of vettes porsches vipers etc...(not to mention my brother EVOS). Was invited to the time attack and placed....well you'll have to wait for that article to come out harharhar (I'll give you a hint my stock turbo EVO suprized alot of big turbo cars!) Not bad for a customer car with bolt on mods!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 05:42 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Originally posted by slt

Your nuts if you think SCC will stop covering the evo. Anyways, most of the readers are going to be people dreaming about owning evo's, not us. I'll buy the mag either way, so someone post up some scans.
No one said they'd quit running Evo articles. I said they are more likely to go to the extra work and extra trouble to do a major comparison like this as opposed to single car articles if it's not posted over the web and sales go up for that issue.

Scenario 1. Major article and 15000 extra sales on the newstand of that month's issue.

Scenario 2. Major article illegally scanned and posted on the web and zero extra sales that month because a lowlife scanned and posted it and a bunch of cheapskates didn't go buy a copy.

Hmmm, I wonder which scenario is going to make them do the big articles in the future.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949

Because while everyone else ran hoosiers, they ran toyo proxes RA-1 they have a sponsorship deal for they didnt want to disrupt...
This is not true coolguy. The RRE evo did have RA-1s, but the Sparco/APEXi evo had Advan AO32Rs, while the RMR evo had the JDM AO32Rs, The XS evo had Pirelli P-zero R-compounds, the Toda evo had RA-1s, the vishnu evo had stock wheels and tires, the RB evo had Goodyear eagle F1 GS-Forianos, and I believe the Works evo had RA-1s too.

As to chicken brest, Buschur's mechanic didn't put the clutch in on there car time, but they did show up to watch at the road course.

And if you're wondering, I was there. And I have the pictures to back it up, about 240 of them if you want them.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 01:45 PM

Who cares who won? You have some tuners with bolt-on's, others with $15,000 dollars worth of modifications - not a good comparision. Plus the quarter mile times were weak.

There needs to be solid ground rules if you want to find out who makes the most power, then again not everyone is looking for the most power.

If you want to find out who's the king of the DSM's, head to the DSM shootout.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by metaphysical
If you want to find out who's the king of the DSM's, head to the DSM shootout.
First of all, Evos are not DSMs by definition. Second, drag racing is the answer to all questions, right?

If anything, the article shows the results of different tuning paths and philosophies. If you don't agree with one path or philosophy, choose another. Much like choosing the Evo over a Cobra or a Vette - different idea, different philosophy.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 04:35 PM
Account Disabled

You did good but you did blow a motor...

Originally posted by robi
If you want to see how the Buschur customer car would have done... event finishes since this SCC event fastest EVo both days at T-hill Fastest EVO at Buttonwillow just Won the Open Touring Car Challenge touring-3 class (5 Road Courses in 5 days) placed 4th overall and beat alot of vettes porsches vipers etc...(not to mention my brother EVOS). Was invited to the time attack and placed....well you'll have to wait for that article to come out harharhar (I'll give you a hint my stock turbo EVO suprized alot of big turbo cars!) Not bad for a customer car with bolt on mods!

Quick Reply: SCC Evo Orgy!