Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO's on eBay 2 good 2 be true!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO's on eBay 2 good 2 be true!

Alright everyone this is the second day in a row that I have seen evo's on Ebay for a unbelieveable buy it now price! I have posted the link below for today but yesterdays I sent a email for a black on buy it now price of 9 grand and as soon as I did they stripped it off ebay and said it was in a different location. Are these hot becuase usually if it is too good to be true it is a scam! The one I got a message from yesterday seems like the email isn't real becuase it doesn't act like it was composed for a car sale.

Todays ebay link!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43919

Yesterdays message.

Congratulations tvanhorn1o1! You are added on the pre-approved buyer list.

Item name: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Buy It Now price: $9,000.00
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: $9,000.00 (Shipping and Handling included)
Seller details: ANHEastBestCars2000 - Los Angeles eBay's Warehouse
Seller E-mail: anheastbestcars2@aol.com

eBay Payment Instructions:

We have the item at eBay’s warehouse in Los Angeles, CA. The item was inspected by eBay and insured by SquareTrade.
The buyer will be allowed to buy the item when the payment by Western Union wire transfer will be completed.
Note that you have to send only the first 30% of the total amount of $9,000.00, which means $2,700.00 and the remaining balance, in the amount of $6,300.00, is to be paid upon delivery of the car.

Please send the payment by WESTERN UNION wire transfer to:

Mr. Victor Schmid
1322 S Ogden Dr,
Los Angeles, CA 90019

After you complete the payment please provide to the seller your shipping address and the following details of the wire transfer:

-sender's full name and address that you filled in on the transfer request -sender's shipping address -money transfer control number (mtcn)

After eBay receives the confirmation of payment from the seller, the item will be shipped to your address from Los Angeles by eBay.

If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase from eBay Warehouse, you can return the product within 30 days of receipt.
eBay will be unable to process credit for returns without a prior authorization, so please ensure that you follow the Procedure that is outlined below. RMA numbers cannot be extended or reissued.
All authorized returns must meet the following guidelines.
All items must be returned in the original packaging and include all contents. Specifically: packing materials, diskettes, CDs, toolbox, warranty cards, parts and accessories, manuals, and any other documentation as provided by the manufacturer.
The RMA label must be attached to all packages being returned.
The purchase invoice must be included with the return. If there are multiple packages, a separate copy of the invoice must be included in all packages being returned.
The return must be sent within 10 days of the issuance of the RMA.
Copyright items such as DVD's, pre-recorded videos, video games etc.
must be unopened. If defective, you may exchange these items for the same title.
Any return that fails to meet these guidelines will not be considered a complete return and could be subject to a restocking fee or denial of credit. Excessive, incomplete or costly return patterns may result in termination of purchasing privileges.
Original shipping and handling charges may not be refundable. You are responsible for shipping and proof of delivery on all returns; therefore, for your protection, we strongly suggest that you fully insure the package you are returning and use a traceable carrier that can provide you proof of delivery. If you cannot provide proof of delivery for your return, you will not receive credit for that return.
As our User Agreement explains, if you are pre-approved bidder on any eBay warehouse item, you are expected to honor your pre-approved bid and are obligated to complete the transaction. Our Non-Paying Bidder Policy exists to help us enforce our User Agreement with respect to non-paying pre-approved bidders.

*** Do not reply to this email. All you need to do is contact your seller. ***

************************************************** *****************************
- PRE-APPROVED BUYER LIST! eBay's WAREHOUSE new buyer feature A NEW and EASY way to do all your shopping on eBay! With PRE-APPROVED BUYER LIST, you can buy an item at a seller's specified price and immediately end an auction.
************************************************** *****************************
Protect your eBay account
(<http://pages.ebay.com/help/account_protection.html>) - eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card, bank account numbers, etc.) in an email.

Copyright © 1995-2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

wow. you should report that, b/c i think it is a scam.

That is DesignmanFX's car, hes on this website.

further, that price seems a bit unbelievable to me, in addition to the fact that he wants you to wire money, and not transfer it through some ebay-approved method like Paypal.

This worries me.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
wow. you should report that, b/c i think it is a scam.

That is DesignmanFX's car, hes on this website.

further, that price seems a bit unbelievable to me, in addition to the fact that he wants you to wire money, and not transfer it through some ebay-approved method like Paypal.

This worries me.
Thats what I thought I know that I have see the car before and also if you go look at the sellers items before it is all pottery and crafts like an old person would sell. It makes no sense!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 02:06 PM

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!

Never EVER send payment to someone you don't know using Western Union.
Use only trusted escrow services such as escrow.com
Old Apr 29, 2004, 02:07 PM

definitely suspicious, report asap
Old Apr 29, 2004, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled

That is weird.. hmm... why not just try to get in touch with designmanfx I mean its his car lol.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, that and, report the guy's name and address, since its listed.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

These are usually hacked ebay accounts that are used to give a sense of security to the people interested in bidding. Check the previously auctioned items..I bet they are for completely unrelated items...ie, no other cars sold.

report it to ebay...it is a scam
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

How many people do you know who are selling modified Evos and selling things like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=13833

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1&category=104

huhu!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe you believe some of the BS that goes in EBAY. Don't get SCAM!!!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

yup its a scamarooney!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 05:53 PM

Any ebay sale that says you need to get on a "preapproved buyer list" is a scam. This comes up constantly for Harley Davidson Road Kings with buy it now prices of $9,000, Evo's, high end mountain bikes, etc. Usually the address is in Europe and offers "free shipping" and requires a wire transfer of money. Even the legit wire transfer companies can be used for these deals. Once your money is sent, you will never hear from the seller again, and you won't be able to track them either. Ebay has a security page talking about these scams and warns people not to send info to get on a "preapproved buyer List" becasue it is a way to get personal account info that will be used to hack your ebay or paypal account.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigmac
Any ebay sale that says you need to get on a "preapproved buyer list" is a scam. This comes up constantly for Harley Davidson Road Kings with buy it now prices of $9,000, Evo's, high end mountain bikes, etc. Usually the address is in Europe and offers "free shipping" and requires a wire transfer of money. Even the legit wire transfer companies can be used for these deals. Once your money is sent, you will never hear from the seller again, and you won't be able to track them either. Ebay has a security page talking about these scams and warns people not to send info to get on a "preapproved buyer List" becasue it is a way to get personal account info that will be used to hack your ebay or paypal account.

Ok thanks for the info. I changed my email address and passwords on my Ebay and Paypal account. Do you think I will be ok. I certianly don't want to loose anything becuase of that. All I did is send them a email asking them to call me to verify the price because I didn't think it was real.

Also I pulled the header listed on that email and it was from overseas on a personal server of their own from what it looks like! Bastages!

X-Apparently-To: gtvanhorn@sbcglobal.net via web80703.mail.yahoo.com; Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:22:09 -0700
Return-Path: <support@ebaywarehouse.com>
Received: from yipvmd-ext.prodigy.net (EHLO yipvmd.prodigy.net) (207.115.63.31)
by mta828.mail.sc5.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:22:08 -0700
X-Header-Overseas: Mail.from.Overseas.source.80.97.176.4
X-Originating-IP: [80.97.176.4]
Received: from relay1.zappmobile.ro (relay1.zappmobile.ro [80.97.176.4])
by yipvmd.prodigy.net (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id i3T0Ltuf360888
for <gtvanhorn@sbcglobal.net>; Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:21:57 -0400
Received: from smtp.zappmobile.ro (smtpi1.zappmobile.ro [172.31.254.19])
by relay1.zappmobile.ro (Zapp-SMTP) with ESMTP id B7170C5D0
for <gtvanhorn@sbcglobal.net>; Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:21:53 +0300 (EEST)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by smtp.zappmobile.ro (Zapp-SMTP) with ESMTP id AD34D1F798
Received: from smtp.zappmobile.ro ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (smtp [127.0.0.1]) (Zapp-AV, port 10024) with ESMTP id 29595-05
Received: from STEVE (unknown [80.97.190.36])
by smtp.zappmobile.ro (Zapp-SMTP) with ESMTP id 4529324FAD
for <gtvanhorn@sbcglobal.net>; Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:21:49 +0300 (EEST)
Reply-To: "eBay WareHouse" <support@ebaywarehouse.com>
To: <gtvanhorn@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Congratulations! You are added on the pre-approved buyer list
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:21:36 -0400
Importance: Normal
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Mach5 Mailer-3.00 PID{313756a4-23b4-413d-975f-cea204b7cba8}
RI{e2737-9ecec}
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: <20040429002149.4529324FAD@smtp.zappmobile.ro>
X-Virus-Scanned: Zapp Antivirus at zappmobile.ro

Last edited by GTVEVO; Apr 29, 2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 07:32 PM

A friend of mine (albeit not a very smart one) was taken last week for $3500.00 on the same scam for a 350Z.

If it sounds to good to be true..................................
Old Apr 29, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lunde4
A friend of mine (albeit not a very smart one) was taken last week for $3500.00 on the same scam for a 350Z.

If it sounds to good to be true..................................

Did he actually pay the deposit or did they crack into his account? I can't believe that they can get your account info just from your ebay username which I just changed. This crazy.

Quick Reply: EVO's on eBay 2 good 2 be true!