Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO and STI sales figures?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO and STI sales figures?

Does anyone knows how much STI's and EVO's have been sold in US?
Old May 17, 2004, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to know this also.
Old May 17, 2004, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump. I estimate 3,000 evos and maybe 4,500 STis.
Old May 18, 2004, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Why do you think there has been more STi's sold? I'm not saying you are wrong, just curious.
Old May 18, 2004, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

I just think that becuae of the multitude of WRX's there were before, you've got to think some of those owners have swiched and gone up to a better, faster Impreza. I also think the STi got some more attention when it was unvailed (sp) right after the evo. Since the subbie isn't as hardcore as the evo (the interior is more "livable", it's smoother down the road due to it's damp suspension), I believe the range of age for buyers is much more widespread so that's why I gave the STi more of a sales figure.
Old May 18, 2004, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

I thought they only made 4000 stis.
Old May 18, 2004, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

I've actually seen more STi's than Evo's out on the road here in NoVA, of course not including DCEvo meets...

CXspeed: MXC rules! Thank god there's finally a new season!
Old May 18, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

oh well that's good reasoning mitchubishi, you're probably right. In my area however, I see at least 2 to 3 times the amount of Evo's versus STi's, but I think that is mainly due to the Subaru franchise here, which has just switched hands because the previous dealer was so awful. Anyways, does anyone know any hard numbers?
Old May 18, 2004, 07:15 AM

The sales figures on Evo's were about 410 last month, and about 450 in March, which are both down by about 100 from 2003 marks.

I don't remember Subaru sales figures for the STI, but they expected to produce 300 per month.

Doing the math, more Evo's on the road.
Old May 18, 2004, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, i thought more evos sold, since the evos had won such a huge majority of the magazine comparos.
Old May 18, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

of course the evo sales are down...with the anticipation of a new model, and last year they were the HOT thing to get... with the rs and 2004 with front diff etc...of course people are going to wait another month...there are just less 2003's around now and from what i've seen...sometimes it seems like there are way more evo's than sti's but than i see a couple sti's and no evos...so i think there are more sti's than evo's...i feel sorry for those poor people
Old May 18, 2004, 11:24 AM

i also thinks its due to marketing....some people that arent car moguls like us ..and go by what they see on tv...i cant tell you how many commercials I seen for the wrx.....havent seen one yet for the lancer....(shrug)....here(in NE) i see way more wrx/sti than evos driving around....which makes having an evo a thing of beauty.
Old May 18, 2004, 01:18 PM

I only pointed out the fact that Evo sales are down to show that there have always been a higher number of Evos sold than STi's. Then again my STi information could be wrong / changed and they decided to bring over more than just 300 a month.

Sales could be down because of a number of reasons. Could be parents seeing horror stories of kids wrecking Evos and not buying them one. Could be people realize they don't want a track spec car for daily driving and go for something else. Or it could just be that this car is targeted at a niche market which is relatively small. I have yet to see one Evo or STi commercial, but tons of WRX commercials. Why? The WRX can appeal to a broader audience and be a main source of sales.

And since everyone is throwing in their seen STi : Evo ratio ... I've seen plenty of Evos running around Chicago, and only 2 STi's (1 blue/gold downtown, and 1 black/silver running around my burb). And when I was in Phoenix, I only saw one STi, and that was at the drag strip.
Old May 18, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I live the burbs here in chicago too, and there are for sure more evos. Hell, about 1/2 mile away form me there is a guy with a black evo, then a mile after that a silver one, and maybe 3 more miles and there is some blue one with rims. I have seen 2 STis so far, a white with gold wheels and a blue with silver wheels, but that's just Chicago. I think overall there are just a few more STi's than Evos.
Old May 18, 2004, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

i know of atleast 3 evos in my area (raleigh NC) and only 2 sti's i have seen a white one on the road and the blue one is on this forum

Quick Reply: EVO and STI sales figures?