Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oem Clutch Recall Petition

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2004, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Oem Clutch Recall Petition

What do you think? Should we start something here? You know, someone write a nice letter like;

Dear Mitsubishi motors USA,

The owners of the Lancer Evolution is thankful that you've decided to bring EVolution into US soil. We firmly believe in the product you've presented to us and many owners agree that this is a great step toward furthering your status as a company that cares for the consumers and their needs.

However many owners feel that the stock clutch does not meet the standard of the Evolution, as it quickly wears out and fades. While the Subaru STI's stock clutches are providing a reliability to their owners, the Evolution owners are having such difficulties with ours.

This clutch issue is robbing our enjoyment of this car and we would like for you to show that you care about the owners of Evolution and recall these stock clutches and replace them with ones that meets our clutch needs.

Thank you for your time, yada yada ya da

Sincerely,

Mitsubishi Evolution Owners.

Signed names below.

Something like that but I'm sure someone could write it more compellingly.

What do you think?

My clutch is slipping and I don't wanna have to go through this again in next 10k miles.
Old May 31, 2004, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

Put your name and address here for signed name below part.

like this:

Joe Smith
1234 evergreen terrace
Springfield New York. 02903

Then when its full, we'll put it in one list and send it, along with this forum link.

sounds good?
Old May 31, 2004, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonathan Peter
501 Louden Court
Silver Spring, MD 20901
Old May 31, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no way this will fly, no matter how many people you get.

I want quality as much as the next guy, but they put in a clutch like that for a reason.

If you want Mitsu to really do something about the qaulity of our cars, then you need to pick and choose your battles, ie. tranny, transfer case, warped rotors, etc.

I suggest you leave this one alone, as it is a waste of time. Just my opinion...
Old May 31, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

it's a shot in the dark but it's still worth a try, how do u think other people got recalls on other parts, if you get enough people to complain about it who knows what might happen.... besides, what u got to lose?
Old May 31, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can give it a try....but my professional opinion is that its worthless. Mitsubishi wont bother, its expensive, they are already in a major $$$ hole, and its not a safety concern so the government wont step in to force it. This is not like the balljoints in the 2G's that caused people to lose wheels at 90mph. Im going to put the sucess chance at less than 1%.
Old May 31, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

=X
Don't think it's a good idea to have all your info on the web
If you're gonna do it a name and zip should be sufficient jmho
Old May 31, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Clutch

I think replaced a few clutches under warranty last year in March or April. By this time last year (June) formed the opinion that it's driver error and they stopped replacing them. So you're WAY late on trying to get a free new clutch.
Old May 31, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Petition should go to exedy for designing the crappy disk!!!!
Old May 31, 2004, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

guys, i hate to say it since i myself just lost my clutch, but take responsibility for your driving choice. I believe that there are very few actually defective clutches in the evos (of course there will always be a remote few) My car went through 3 lapping days, 2 autox's and 14,000 miles until i decided it would be fun to take it to the drag strip. I did 12 passes, and now the clutch slips under boost. I could of easily avoided this by not drag racing the car, but i did. then again this is just my opinion, and now im stuck with buying a new clutch cause of how i drove just like everyone else. Learn from your mistakes.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 06:00 AM
Account Disabled

I drive well, and it's grinding like hell, even with slow clutch engagement over 4k RPM from 1st to 2nd.

I don't beat the hell out of this car and I've been driving a manual gearbox for quite sometime now.

So When I could clutch at 9000RPM on s2000 without clutch grinding, why is it EVO's clutch grind at little over 4k RPM?

I had a prelude before and they had their rear suspension fixed by Honda, because they got about 90 signatures with a recall request letter, just like this.

See the corporation is all about reputation, because that's where the next batch of money comes from. So if we get enough owners to do this, I'm sure it'll fly.

That's what I think.

Besides, I don't feel like spending some $800 for something that I didn't do. I'm already paying for the car and the insurance, gas, ect. And let's not forget the GOV. TAX. Those highway robbing, taking 30% of my paycheck government.

They waste half of it on booze and women anyway. lol.