Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Illegal Exhaust Part 2: The POPO is back, and dumber than ever.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have decided while fighting this ticket based on morals, that I will swap out the exhuast for the stock setup and hopefully have them drop the ticket.

On the side I am going to fight this law. I have already started a writing campaign to my representatives. I have already been in contact with my local Mayor and Cheif of police.

I spent the last four years working with the DA, Sheriffs and local PDs, so I think its about time time to cash in on some favors I was promised.

BTW - When I was working for the government I was pulled over for going 32mph over the speed limit. When I mentioned where I worked they gave me a verbal warning to slow down and have a nice freakin day!
Old Aug 22, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
you guys should bring your cars to a smog referree, they now have a process to evaluate the decible level and these ridiculous accusations can get rebuked.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
you guys should bring your cars to a smog referree, they now have a process to evaluate the decible level and these ridiculous accusations can get rebuked.
Well, the first step, in the state of Virginia at least< would be to have a smog referee... uh, scratch that, we've got enough red tape as it is. But really, the law needs to be repealed and replaced by a comprehensive law that does not leave the officer free to make subjective judgements in the field. Some of these guys are barely qualified to cite the correct section of code let alone judge whether or not an exhaust is "louder than stock". In my opinion this law is being abused to crack down on "dem rice burnin' hooligans".
Old Aug 22, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Guess what. It gets even better!

Just now, I came back from a night out with my boys, and after passing an intersection where the cop was waiting on the red light, he suddenly peeled out and followed me. He followed me INTO my neighborhood, and only until I turned onto a private drive did he stop there. WTF.

If that wasn't a clear case of profiling, I don't know WHAT is! It's like he followed me waiting for me to do something wrong. F*ck the police man. I am totally fed up.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
Actually it doesn't really matter if you have paperworks from a referee. The police can still give you a ticket because in their words," how do I know this was the exhaust that was tested in the referee station. You could have just put back your stock exhaust during the testing." The only thing I recommend is carrying a Db meter which you can buy at Radio Shack for around $60. I bet you 98% of police don't even know how to do a exhaust db test. Most of all, file a complaint and don't get intimidated by them. If you think they are on the wrong, you have the right to file a complaint.