Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ticketed for STOCK WING!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XxBLACKMAMBAxX
So tonight i was pulled over by a stupid ******* cop so he can give me a ticket for no front license plate, and my STOCK WING! I told him it was stock and the car came with it new from the factory, he said, "tell it to the judge". He also saw that I had a 2 way in my center console when i went to pull out my registration and started interogating me about it saying that I use it for street racing, which is totally untrue. What a ****ing stupid dumb ****face pig. Has anyone else been ticketed for the stock wing on your Evo and what did you have to do to get out of it? I also was pulled over 10 minutes later for the same thing! I showed the cop my tickets and was let go. Gee , thanks *******!
The only good cop is a dead cop...IMHO
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
The only good cop is a dead cop...IMHO
yeah until that dead cop could have saved your a$$..
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by XxBLACKMAMBAxX
...I also was pulled over 10 minutes later for the same thing! I showed the cop my tickets and was let go. Gee , thanks *******!
Was it by the same cop again?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

^
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang that sucks i guess this is a frequent problem for Evo owners, i think you should just carry a brochure of your car in the glove compartment just in case, thats what i will be doing when i get mine( less than a month)
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Where the hell do you live? Over here cops give thumbs up and want to race you off the light for fun. They could give a damn if you even have side doors let alone a stock spoiler.

Bring a Evo brochure to court. End of story. It will be dismissed.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

my evo wing does attract cops attetion...but i have state referee cert saying im legal...and no atter how dumb it looks i keep my front plate on...
Old Sep 2, 2004, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

keeping a poster of it in my trunk =P
Old Sep 2, 2004, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

The wing is included in your owner's manual. Next time anyone gets pulled over for that show him the owners manual. If he still writes a ticket, ask to speak to his supervisor. If you ask to speak to his supervisor, he legally has to let you. Show the manual to the supervisor and tell him that you think you are being unfairly profiled, but make sure to do it in a polite way. If you turn this into a shouting match of you vs. the cop, the supervisor will take the cop's side.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Just curious, is a 'no-front plate' ticket a 'fix-it' ticket?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

u got a ticket for a wing, that suxxx.. buts really funny. Normally i would agree with the cop considering the numerous amounts of ridiculous whale fins on little poop cars out there that i see whose paint chips and flexing plastic distract me when im driving. hehe
Old Sep 2, 2004, 06:57 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by PoorBoys
The wing is included in your owner's manual. Next time anyone gets pulled over for that show him the owners manual. If he still writes a ticket, ask to speak to his supervisor. If you ask to speak to his supervisor, he legally has to let you. Show the manual to the supervisor and tell him that you think you are being unfairly profiled, but make sure to do it in a polite way. If you turn this into a shouting match of you vs. the cop, the supervisor will take the cop's side.
In addition, it wouldn't hurt to keep an Evo sales brochure in your car. Keep it along with your registration and whatnot; if the issue comes up you can show him the brochure and say "It's stock from Mitsubishi and NHTSA is ok with it."
Old Sep 2, 2004, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did this happen?

d
Old Sep 2, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
Just curious, is a 'no-front plate' ticket a 'fix-it' ticket?
In IL no front plate is usually a fixit ticket. I had my car delivered from Michigan, so it doesn't even have a front plate mount and I plan on keeping it that way for as long as possible...

Getting ticketed for the wing is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard .... geeez. What a loser cop. I do contract work for a PD and all the guys there are pretty cool. Dingbats like this just ruin it for everyone...

l8r)
Old Sep 2, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Thats just ridiculous. You must be the only EVO in town if he write you a ticket for that. Thats pitiful on his part.