Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ticketed for STOCK WING!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make sure you tell us how this goes at court or at the station dude.. .cuz i won't sleep well until I know Good luck bro!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XxBLACKMAMBAxX
...stupid pigface mcpigger...

LOL, I am still laughing at this remark. Good one.

That sucks that you got hosed by a ***hole cop though, man. Take your window sticker to court and you should have no problem getting the wing ticket thrown out.

Not all cops suck, but this guy definately has some problems. Maybe there arn't enough donuts in his diet causing a low blood sugar or something. lol
Old Sep 8, 2004, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try This

Go to the local police station and see the officer at the front desk. Bring the big Evo brochure and tell the cop you got pulled over for an illegal wing. Ask him what you would need to say or show in court to get the ticket erased. The cop might be candid with you and tell you what you need to do. That other cop might have it in for flashy imports, but all cops aren't dicks.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Wing should be really easy to get out from under that ticket a simple brochure of the Evo to the judge or even a picture of them at a car lot should be ample proof and if the cop is there it will make him look pretty lame to have even done this to begin with... as far as the lisence plate cant' help ya there
Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jk_addict
make sure you tell us how this goes at court or at the station dude.. .cuz i won't sleep well until I know Good luck bro!
Well sorry to say I had to just plead not guilty and wait for a court date, and the said they will get back to me within a year! Usually in Nassau county its more like 1.5 to 2 years. Oh well. We shall see what happens then. Thanks for all the replies guys.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

Well sorry to say I had to just plead not guilty and wait for a court date, and the said they will get back to me within a year! Usually in Nassau county its more like 1.5 to 2 years.
this is what makes the issue so insane. they obviously have much better things to do.

Last edited by Wizard_of_Evo; Sep 10, 2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

Should find that stupid cop and weld an ironing board to the trunk of his car
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by moviebumm
first thing you need to do if find out the exact charge you are being charged with, then you need to find out exactly what that charge means (even if you know).

second, get a written explanation of the charge in new york it is your right to know what the charge means.

Good luck to you, and file multiple complaints such as the wing issue. To me the cop pulled you over because you didn't have a front license plate. While he looked at that, he looked inside and found other "suspicious" things to site you for.
I think this is the section and the wording of the code violation the guy wrote him for:

"30. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle with any object placed or hung in or upon the vehicle, except required or permitted equipment of the vehicle, in such a manner as to obstruct or interfere with the view of the operator through the windshield, or to prevent him from having a clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind such vehicle."

What a bunch of crap!!

Does he ticket tow trucks because of their obstruction? What about all the crap on the back deck of unmarked police cars? rear facing radar, lights, gun racks, etc?

This is pure harassment (assuming he wasn't provoked prior to stopping the Evo).
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Well sorry to say I had to just plead not guilty and wait for a court date, and the said they will get back to me within a year! Usually in Nassau county its more like 1.5 to 2 years. Oh well. We shall see what happens then. Thanks for all the replies guys.
Get back to you within a year holy $hit that's funny