Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another wing ticket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate cops I'm sorry
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

This is exciting, i recommend you write a letter and complain to his superior for his lack of knowlidge about his job, send copy to local newspaper, good luck!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:53 PM
ccs

dryad001, sorry about your terrible treatment from the boys in blue. What a way to start the day. Definitely know what you mean about WI. Have made many trips through Millwaukee to our house up north. I don't feel comfortable until we're close to Eagle River where we know the cops. Guess I will have to put the window sticker and brochure in the car...but not sure that will help as they can pretty much give you a ticket no matter what.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my brother in law is a cop in IL... he loves the Evo and any fast car, in fact he drives a SRT-10 Truck... not all cops are like that, just sucks you got stuck with an un-knowledgeable cop. Good luck with the judge!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

I was on 90 just north of madison when I got pulled over for speeding, ( I admit i was speeding) but was in the right lane, and there were 3 cars passing me and the cop pulled me over. I asked why he did not bust the other 3 guys going faster than I was, he said, it does not mater what they were doing, I am giving you a ticket for what you were doing! (I was the only Illinois Plate in the group) the rest of the people were from WI,, ohh was i pissed and it cost 260$ and screwed my good insurance rates, was my first ticket ever that has stuck to my record!!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:15 PM

If the manufacturer is not keeping up with the laws of the land, the only implication is that Mitsubishi is to blame since they put these spoilers on most of our cars. Supposedly, the spoiler meets all federal guidelines and those will trump the states guidelines. In court, yeah, you will probalby prevail.

But think of it the other way around, are the EVO with CF wings going to be recalled by Mitsu because they do not meet the state's guidelines? Sort of related is when this happened to Audi's TT when it first came out. The TTs got recalled (voluntarily?) because the lack of a spoiler caused the rear end instability (lift) and thereafter, all TTs came with a small protrusion of spoiler.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

This is the perfect oppurtunity to make that cop look like a total idiot in court....

Simply tell judge that if he's as incompitent with not knowing most of the current brands of cars (Yes, cop's should know this, since automobile identification is a major part of their job with catching crooks and DD's), then why is he even a cop in the first place?

Also threaten that you will get a lawyer since technically you were singled out since you had a flashy car. Thats Prejudice. Its like a cop jealous of a guy with a Ferrari and just pulling him over and making up the rule of "Your car is too loud", even though it has a stock exhaust.

The general law is if you have a drivers side and passanger side, side view mirror you can have anything on the back of your car. A good example of this is the Ford E series van with the barn doors that dont have rear glass, but they have driver/pass side, sideview mirrors, thats all that matters.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear you were pulled over for such a stupid reason.

But again, if you get pulled over for the wing, pull out your manual. There are a few pics in the manual that show that the wing is stock.

SC~
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

What a ****ing queer.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

This is why i keep a copy of the Dealership brochure and the 2004 car of the year article in the glove compartment...
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

I had a police officer tell me the same thing about my wing, it seems some of them are that clueless. In 1970 I had a CHP officer pull me over for excessive smoke for my Kawasaki Mach III (two stroke street bike). If you receive a bogus citation just take it to court with your documentaion and let the judge dismiss the case. Then, submit a formal complaint to the precinct regarding the officers conduct.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIGuy
I was on 90 just north of madison when I got pulled over for speeding, ( I admit i was speeding) but was in the right lane, and there were 3 cars passing me and the cop pulled me over. I asked why he did not bust the other 3 guys going faster than I was, he said, it does not mater what they were doing, I am giving you a ticket for what you were doing! (I was the only Illinois Plate in the group) the rest of the people were from WI,, ohh was i pissed and it cost 260$ and screwed my good insurance rates, was my first ticket ever that has stuck to my record!!
You should have pleaded no low I did it in GA when I was caught going 79 in a 55. You get a free pass every 5 years No reocrd on liscense.

Regarding the wing with yellow evo it draws alot of attention that I am considering a CF trunk.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

I thought reading from the other thread that if you have 2 side mirrors, it does not matter if your rearview vision is blocked even though it is not. You could tow a camper and not be able to see out the back too.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

i wish i could get a ticket for my wing...

when the cop gave you a ticket for your wing he should have immediately been taken away for phyciatric (sp?) care, because of the stress from his job has gotten to him...
Old Sep 3, 2004, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

next time this happens....ask for a supervising officer to come out...give him hell(in a polite way...ask the cop if he knows the actual law...if says yes...then tell him to prove it...you wont get arrested for it...hes the one that is wrong...not you

Quick Reply: Another wing ticket