Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VII-US Confirmed (Official release)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2001, 11:18 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't believe what the dealers tell you. They usually don't know so they just pull something out of their ***. Are you planning to go to the Detriot Auto Show? I wish I could go, but I'll be in Florida

Mark
Old Dec 8, 2001, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, i'll be there. Nice seeing the Lancer Rally car there last year. Forget which one it was. I'll try to borrow a camera too to take some pictures.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 02:21 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Sweet! Make sure to post the pics here

Mark
Old Dec 8, 2001, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm in the rockville/potomac area, anyone else?? talked to any dealerships around here??
Old Dec 8, 2001, 04:12 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I'm in Rockville/Potomac, too. My friend said he called Rockville Mitsubishi and they said they would take deposits. They also told him that they were informed of what colors are available... forgot to ask what they were. I don't really like that dealership though. Dealerships on the Pike also tend to charge more since they get more sales. I'm gonna try some dealers in VA and see if they have any documents that prove it's coming.

Mark
Old Dec 8, 2001, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ppl at Rockville Mitsu told me they've sold the first one already for around $36,000... i think they are full of bs... Stolhman at VA do not know anything beside its gonna be a rally car....
Old Dec 9, 2001, 01:46 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Yeah, most dealers don't know anything... they just say whatever comes to mind. That $36K stuff is probably crap. When I bought my Type-R the going price in the area was about $25K + $3K markup. I had bought my previous car from Rosenthal Acura and they said they would do a $2K markup... screw that. I went to Tischer Acura and they told me the same thing. That's when I got pissed and got into a huge discussion about that. In the end I got it for sticker with all the extra stuff like wheel locks and floor mats, etc. I will never pay more than sticker for any car, even an Evo. It's gonna depreciate by about $3K anyhow so you'd end up losing $6K overall... just not worth it IMO.

Mark
Old Dec 13, 2001, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Yea, of course i'll post any pictures I take.

I feel kinda annoyed that people have been saying they are putting money down and are already confirmed being able to buy one at msrp and here I am with a dealer that isn't even taking names.

Hopefully they'll start something up next month after the Detroit auto show, as they are the only Mitsu dealer in NW Ohio - SE Michigan. Of course then all the ricers will be after them, as most if not all of them around here don't even know what an EVO is currently.

I'll check again next week on my days off just for the hell of it.
Old Dec 13, 2001, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by otaking

I feel kinda annoyed that people have been saying they are putting money down and are already confirmed being able to buy one at msrp and here I am with a dealer that isn't even taking names.
Your dealer is probably just being honest, and has heard absolutely nothing about the EVO, just like the other dealers.

How the F**K can you take a deposit on a car you don't even know is going to be sold? Idiots.

Old Dec 13, 2001, 10:32 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by S_rangeBrew

Your dealer is probably just being honest, and has heard absolutely nothing about the EVO, just like the other dealers.

How the F**K can you take a deposit on a car you don't even know is going to be sold? Idiots.

Dealers do this all the time. My friend put money down on an M5 before it was officially released. The worst part of that was when he decided against getting it he managed to sell his slot for $3K!!! That's how much demand there was for the car (of course this was for an $80K car). Dealers will do anything to sell a car sometimes.

Mark
Old Dec 27, 2001, 03:35 AM

I am new to this lancer forum.

Well have you noticed that Nissan 350z and Mazda RX-8 is coming out in 2002-2003 as 2003 models just like the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII, that means there will be buyers for these 3 cars. Where competition strikes so i guess it wont get sold out quickly.

I will love this 2003 year *sniff* kill them Civics and Celicas wannabe toughs