Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VII-US Confirmed (Official release)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2001, 04:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb Evo VII-US Confirmed (Official release)

Sorry if this has been posted:

Straight from the CEO of Mitsubishi: "In the U.S., we had the Lancer this year. Next year, Airtrek and Lancer Evolution. And then in fiscal 2003, there will be three models"

Here is the link: http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=37364

This news was released today (12-03-01)
Old Dec 3, 2001, 04:25 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, here's the post where everyone is discussing it:

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...=&threadid=971

We're all hoping it's not completely detuned when it gets here.

Mark
Old Dec 4, 2001, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by KK
Yeah, here's the post where everyone is discussing it:

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...=&threadid=971

We're all hoping it's not completely detuned when it gets here.

Mark
where are you in MD?
Old Dec 4, 2001, 10:27 PM

so far I'm first on 2 dealer's lists

I'm so excited!!!
Old Dec 5, 2001, 01:02 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by L_dogg

where are you in MD?
I'm in Rockville / Potomac

Mark
Old Dec 5, 2001, 04:54 AM

*GOOSEBUMPS* *drool*
Old Dec 5, 2001, 05:12 AM

Exclamation Just be careful what you wish for...

AutoSpeed Tests Lance EVO VI TM Edition If all you want is performance, then go for it. But it may be hard to live with as a daily driver. But hey, I'm a newbie here, so what do I know.

Lovejoy
Old Dec 5, 2001, 07:36 AM

well i went to a dealer near me iam on the list but they told me it will be out in march anyone know if this is true?
Old Dec 5, 2001, 12:12 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

March might be a little too soon, but you never know. My personal thought is that it will be here around September. I would LOVE for it to come in March though. Get some nice spring time driving that way

Lovejoy1,

the Evo is definately a harsh car compared to other vehicles. They were never really intended for road use, until the Evo VII, which has gotten rave reviews for its ride and handling compared to the VI (I still want a VI though).

I own a Type-R right now and everytime I drive my gf's Subaru Impreza 2.5RS I get bored. Not responsive enough, can't feel the road, boring engine. It does have a better ride, more room (I have a 6 pt cage), and is less noisy (I have no interior). This is an extreme case though. Take away my cage and road noise, add 4wd, 280hp, 2 doors, more response and feel, and huge Brembos and I'm sold.

If the ride was too harsh there may be suspension upgrades that will cater more to a softer ride, but you will definately lose performance.

My personal opinion is that the Sti will be more be more compliant while the Evo will be more performance oriented.

Mark
Old Dec 5, 2001, 02:27 PM

I just called around to see about getting on a waiting list or putting a deposit down and got two very different responses. The first dealer I called said that it wouldn't be over for another 2 years when i explained it was coming next year he said they don't do waiting lists or deposits and to call back when it is here. The next dealer seemed a lot more in the know he said they would be making an anouncment at the LA auto show in Jan. and they would have an official date for release. He thought in October the car would be here but to call back after the show and they would have a list going. So maybe by the end of Jan. all our questions will be answered. By the way I live in Southern California and judging from the phone book Mitsubishi has quite a few entities out here including R & D.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 02:57 PM

EVO update

I'm in California and have been in contact with various Mitsu dealers. Scottie Rogers @ Concord Mitsubishi has also told me the big release of the EVO VII will be in LA next month. He also said that cars could become available as soon as March. Obviously these sales guys are getting their info from some where? Scottie told me as soon as he had a VIN #, he could take my order.

- Shawn Glass
Sold my 97 GSX (12.78@106), missing a turbo car bad
Old Dec 5, 2001, 03:24 PM

March would be awsome. Maybe if it was that close I could stop putting money into my current car LMAO I do though find it very hard to believe it would be here that quick.
Old Dec 5, 2001, 04:19 PM

More rumors...

When talking to different dealers re: the EVO, they have all told me that the car will come with 270-310 hp, so doesn't look like they will be detuning it too much. I have also heard that it will come over as either a GSR version or the RS-II. One of those 2 is cool with me, which also means it will come equipped with the AYC, and ACD. It's hard to believe though that all those cool goodies will cost only in the 24K range. I tend to believe the car will cost more around the 30K range. Not that I would complain if it was only around the 24k range

- Shawn Glass
2001 Accord EX (no boost and slow as hell)...Had to get rid of the GSX with the birth of my son, that's why I want 4 doors AND boost!
Old Dec 5, 2001, 04:30 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

If it has 250hp but the same internals and turbo, etc then I won't care. It'll just need a full exhaust to regain the power back. If boost is dialed back then an ECU would do the trick.

When you compare just hp then the WRX sounds better for $24K, but if the Evo is $30K and has the suspension, brakes and interior that they get in Japan, then I don't think you could argue that anymore.

Mark
Old Dec 5, 2001, 05:03 PM

On another note I was just talking to a guy on a Grand Prix meesage board who said the WRX sti will be here in October. I asked how he knew and he said he has an inside source at Subaru and that he already put a deposit down. I haven't even heard this as a rumour if anything the rumour was it wasn't coming here but maybe that changed with this last announcement? Anyone hear annything?

Quick Reply: Evo VII-US Confirmed (Official release)