Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How To Install Seibon OEM CF Hood?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To Install Seibon OEM CF Hood?

I have on on the way. Was wondering if anyone has a good writeup and/or pics of this install or if there is anything i should know before getting started. Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:38 PM

Seibon Carbon Hood Install How To

This is a fairly straightforward job. I did mine a week ago. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures. You're going to need a friend to help you hold the hood while you're working the bolts.

-Start by unhooking the heat shielding. The snaps that hold it in place are simple pull-out jobs. There are several connectors that need to be unscrewed.

-Unhook the winshield washer rubber tubes from the nozzles that are connected to the hood.

-Unhook the winshield washer rubber tubes from the clasps that connect them to the hood. They will need to be draped outside of the engine bay for now.

-Now you are ready to unscrew the bolts that connect the stock hood. I used a 12mm ratchet.

-The Seibon Carbon fiber hood comes with two wood pieces that are bolted into the predrilled holes. These wood pieces also serve as stands for when you are moving the hood. Unscrew these while your friend holds the hood.

-Use the new bolts to connect the Seibon hood to the stock hood flanges. I tried to use the stock bolts, but I had a problem with one of them screwing in straight.

-Make sure that the hood is going to connect properly before tightening the bolts completely.

-Here is where things got problematic for me. I used a monkey wrench to remove the stock winshield washer nozzles from the stock hood. You have to squeeze each nozzle from the inside of the hood in order to pop it out. That part went well, but I haven't been able to get the stock nozzles into my new hood. So, I have been driving around for the last week with the washer rubber tubes draped around through the passenger window. Let me know if you figure out how to get them in before I do!!!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 01:45 PM

Well i had my body shop install it cause it was in there anyway for some other damage/paint. they used a dremel to file out the holes and make more room for the nozzles to fit. It turned out good but i cannot offer any tips. I also took the mesh and vent off of the stock hood and replaced the Seibon one. That thing was a ***in complete joke. Made me wonder about the quality of the hood? Plus I wanted to have something to keep excessive water out and the insulation under the hood.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used a Dremel to widen out the nozzle holes, but then the clips on the nozzles wouldn't hold them in. The front part of the nozzle has a ridge that slides onto the stock hood and the clip provides pressure to keep them in. The C/F hood is thicker than the stock hood aluminum, so the front ridge does nothing. So I used a ziptie routed through the clip and held them in place. Then I took epoxy and put it up around the nozzle to keep it in place.

As for the hood vent, I cut out the GHETTO chicken wire that was glued to the hood. Then I took the top part of the stock hood vent and used the underside of the stock vent. I got bigger washers to put underneath the stock nuts to "sandwich" the two pieces of the vent onto the hole in the hood.

Now I just need to find insulation to put underneath the hood, so I don't have the clearcoat peel and cracking that some people have....most likely from the expanding/contracting of the c/f from the heat and getting cold.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:14 PM

I'm pretty sure that the insulation was only there to protect the windshield washer hoses from the engine heat. I'm trying to find some screw-down type nozzles, cus the ladies aren't going to appreciate the hoses dangling inside the passenger window. But...if they do, then that girl is the one for me!!!