Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Routing Line for Meth

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Routing Line for Meth

hey guys, I need to run my meth line from the trunk (smc kit) to the engine bay, and to my uicp where the pipe is tapped for the meth (at the throttle body)

I have the line for the meth through the fender so far, but I could have sworn there was a hole in the fender in the engine bay by the master cylinder somewhere, yet I cant find it...please tell me where it is so I can finish up my meth install tonight..thanks in advance!

i dont want to drill my firewall....

Last edited by saiyanzzrage; Oct 22, 2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

bump, i want to get this done tonight! thanks
Old Oct 22, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

ttt
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

can anyone help me?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

It sounds to me like you're going thru the inside of the car? I routed mine underneath the car, following the fuel lines all the way to the front of the car, using zip ties to hold it in place. Then just go up thru your engine bay to your upper pipe. I'm pretty sure this is how most people install it. Nolimit motorsports did a how to, and it also shows this method.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:29 AM
Evolved Member

The only grommet that I know of in the firewall is behind the glovebox to the right. Or if your in the engine bay it's behind the passanger side strut tower. I believe the MR's have their boost gauge line going through there already.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolsk8r
It sounds to me like you're going thru the inside of the car? I routed mine underneath the car, following the fuel lines all the way to the front of the car, using zip ties to hold it in place. Then just go up thru your engine bay to your upper pipe. I'm pretty sure this is how most people install it. Nolimit motorsports did a how to, and it also shows this method.
yes, you are correct, i am running the line for the meth from the trunk, inside the car under the door sills, then into the engine bay through the drivers side fender (the line comes out from the fender right by the driver headlight)

the under car method seems perfect, but one more question, how do you get the line from the trunk where the pump is to the underside of the car? do you drill a hole?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DanJ
The only grommet that I know of in the firewall is behind the glovebox to the right. Or if your in the engine bay it's behind the passanger side strut tower. I believe the MR's have their boost gauge line going through there already.
yeah, that one i know about, i have my hks evc and defi boost gauge lines running through there, but that wont really help, its on the complete other side of the car
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
yes, you are correct, i am running the line for the meth from the trunk, inside the car under the door sills, then into the engine bay through the drivers side fender (the line comes out from the fender right by the driver headlight)

the under car method seems perfect, but one more question, how do you get the line from the trunk where the pump is to the underside of the car? do you drill a hole?
There is a drain plug inside of the driverside rear fender. Just open the compartment on the opposite side of the windshield washer fluid and feel for it. That will put you underneath the car.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolsk8r
There is a drain plug inside of the driverside rear fender. Just open the compartment on the opposite side of the windshield washer fluid and feel for it. That will put you underneath the car.
thanks
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

I actually solved my problem by calling SMC directly..they are sending me a 4 foot extension braided line so i can reach the throttle body from where i have the line entering the engine bay

Big thumbs up to SMC, they have awesome service, I needed a 15gph nozzle before my tune and they sent it out to me free of charge