Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How To Install Laile: Beatrush Undertray Mitsubishi Evolution VII-IX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the reason it doesn't line up perfectly is b/c it's really made for the IX Front Fascia. But fits w/ modification on the VII and VIII. Also, instead of cutting the tray you should have just used spacers to lower that part a little. I have a ETS 3.5" down pipe and I didn't have to cut my tray. Good Luck.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:02 PM

I did use spacers to lower the panel. However, the dumptube needed a hole, and the DP was essentially touching at that point.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

do u have to take it off each time you do an oil change?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:13 PM
Tor

Yes, you do.
In addition, new undertrays shipped from Beatrush seem to miss welded bolts on the TowHook U-Bracket and Lower Arm brackets. Thus be prepared to improvise with some more bolts and nuts to mount it.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:38 PM

I just installed mine tonight. Sure enough - the welded nuts aren't there. There are enough bolts included to do it all, but you need about 4 spare M6 nuts and maybe washers to finish the job (The holes are slotted, not even round). Guess I'll be running to Lowe's or something tomorrow.

Also, when you're bolting up the Tow Hook U-Bracket...be careful not to over-tighten. I broke one before it felt like it got tight.

The fit is good, I'm impressed with the end result. Kind of disappointing to discover there is something missing to finish the job though.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 05:45 PM

I like how this performs on the car
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Bringing up this thread again... does anybody know what the SCCA feels about these? I vaguely remember someone once telling me that modding the under tray is strictly prohibited up to a certain class. In terms of say... auto-x, anyone know what class that is?

NOTE: I don't need to know for myself... racing is dumb and voids your warranty!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So this was designed for the IX. That is good, because I would like to get one, but had a question. It seems some of you had to trim for downpipe clearance. Did any of you with IX's have problems? I am running the Works downpipe, and would hate to have to trim something like that, when spending a pretty penny for it.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

how heavy is this unit?
Old May 13, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a nice writeup. It would be very helpful if I actually had the Japanese pics to go with it. Not sure where they are at, but I only got 1 page of pics and it's the last one - so no help. Anyone point me in the right direction?
Old May 13, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Very Nice write up man.. Thanks a lot for this... It is too bad that I have to wait 6-10 weeks for mine.. No one on this forum or around has these in stock : ( quality piece for sure!!!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:13 PM

Anyone installed this with a Ralliart Lip for a IX? I'm having some rattling issues in the front driver side b/c the undertray isn't lining up with the lip so I can't put the plastic fasteners on.... Also, I'm having some rattling issues b/c it/s hitting my Cusco V1 bar in the back. Did you guys used spacers? Any help would be great, thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:12 AM

Installed this with ralliart lip, 3" downpipe and carbing 6 point arm brace. Had a little fitting issue, but I finally got it all on. I had to place the rear section under the front section so it wouldn't be pushed against the downpipe, not sure if I want to cut the undertray just so I can install it like the picture. Also all the holes on the lip don't line up with the undertray. I'm thinking of just using zip ties so I don't need to make any modifications.

I'm not going to dremel stuff unless it's absolutely necessary. I like to keep it as clean as possible and not make mounting points weaker. I want to keep my car and parts forever!!!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:31 AM

Anyone have rattling issue on the driver side where it meets the lip in the front? I have all the clips/bolts on, but it rattles when the fan comes on...... I have it installed on my IX with a Ralliart Lip. It's really annoying and frustrating..... Any help/input would be great, thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:34 PM

Old thread revival

Has anyone installed this on an Evo 9 Rexspeed Lip........note the lip is shorter then the stock lip which means there is a gap between the perrin 3.5" intercooler and the lip which is visible.

My stock OEM Undertray does not fit the Rexspeed Lip......Arggggggggh

Quick Reply: How To Install Laile: Beatrush Undertray Mitsubishi Evolution VII-IX