Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Clutch install write-up

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clutch install write-up

For the love of all that is holy, can someone please help me and the rest of the Evo community? I spent 8 grueling hours with 3 hapless victims trying to pull the trans out of the car last night. We had no manual and not even basic instructions. I found a few good pieces of information here and there in various threads, but I can't believe no one has written down the steps necessary for this job. We left the steering rack and subframe in place, but pulled nearly everything else in the whole engine bay. Yarg!

So I'm begging, BEGGING anyone who knows how to do this to please take ten minutes out of your day and write down some instructions. Doesn't even have to be that elaborate. Just the basics, like what parts are going to need to be removed, which way the trans or engine will have to be tilted, etc. etc.

Thanks all,
Joe
www.joe250.com
Old Mar 21, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, transfer case out of the way... starter out of the way, CV Joints out of the way, output shaft out of the way, removed that rubber plug underneath where the clutch assembly is mounted and disengaged the release bearing, tranny bolts....hmm I suppose you're supporting the engine on top I hope... what else ?
Old Mar 22, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eazyevo - thanks. That's a start.

Everyone - I'm working on putting some info on my website. Hang in there. And if anyone would like to contribute any info, drop me a line.

Thanks,
Joe
www.joe250.com