Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Greddy Profec B Spec II

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Profec B Spec II

i've searched and searched and searched but i can't find a write-up on the install... if anyone can help me with install instructions i'd really appreciate it.

Ben
Old Mar 23, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Does it comes with an install instruction? All you need to do is find a place in your firewall to ran the wires into the interior of the car. THat's the hardest part!!! You need to cap off the stock actuator. and install the greddy actuator.

1. remove the stock intake. You will see the stock actuator located just under the intake.
2. capped off the stock actuator. The instruction will tell you exactly what to cap off.
3. Install the greddy's actuator and run the vacuum hosts. You will need to buy an extra vacuum host, i forgot the exact dimension fo the host, but it should be the same size as the longer, small host supplied by greddy.
4. THe instruction will show you where which wire will have to be connected to what part of the turbo and the actuator. Trust me, it's really easy. And in case you dont have the instruction, go to Road Racing engineer and look for their diagram on the greddy profec b. You can search for them on this forum.
5. Tap the boost vacuum host between the intake manifold and the throttle body. There is a special note for the 4g63T engine type and it will tell you to where best to tap the boost vacuum line.
6. Run all the wires through the hole that you created in the firewall and etc.

there is a thread on where best to drill a hole in the firewall. Look for it and it will help you find a place to drill if you dont already know where to drill. Becarefull when drilling into your firewall and I think this is the hardest part. The last thing that you need to do is find a 12V to tap into. Tuning can be a *****, and if you get the defected one, then ur screw. THere is also a thread on this too. So good luck and have fun modding.

P.S I hope that this write up wont be too confusing to read. If you have any question, just email me and let me know. I'll try my best to help you out.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 09:11 PM

that actually helps a lot!! thanks a lot for your time

Ben