Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Evo 8 Salvage, should I buy it?

Old Sep 11, 2018, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX View Post
The passenger fender and bumper do not line up, look close at the pics. As someone else mentioned some impact was involved. Also keep in mind that a recent accident could've taken place with the car and the dealer took it in on trade or bought it at auction. The history takes time to show up. There is a lot of info about people trading or selling wrecked cars before it shows up on the title or Carfax. Carfax is not the best of the companies to follow for most accurate info. There is another company called Vehicle History Report and they tend to have more accurate info. You can find them listed on a lot of eBay car ads. Buyer beware when it comes to buying salvage, often times Ins companies will only insure the car but offer basic coverage and you can't get full coverage. It will boil down to state laws, dig deep into what you can and can not do with salvage title car.
Yeah, actually I did notice the car has a ding on the front passenger fender. That also made me think the car might have been involved in another accident, and like you mentioned, insurance companies don't offer full cover for old salvaged cars. So, it is possible that there was a another accident which wasn't reported. 🤔
Old Sep 11, 2018, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX View Post
There is another company called Vehicle History Report and they tend to have more accurate info. You can find them listed on a lot of eBay car ads.

You mean Autocheck? I have never heard of any company called "Vehicle History Report".

Autocheck and Carfax both miss stuff sometimes, but the reports are not a bad idea to check. Carfax tends to be the standard though, and Autocheck tends to be less accurate from my experience. If I was spending my money on a report, I'd get a Carfax before buying an Autocheck.

Either way, the Evo you mentioned OP probably is worth $10k, as long as it's fine mechanically and structurally. Part-out value keeps values propped up on these cars.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 07:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This the one at drivenautoplex? I was looking at the white one they had a couple months ago, guy seemed kind of dodgy on some things.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Quattlebot View Post
This the one at drivenautoplex? I was looking at the white one they had a couple months ago, guy seemed kind of dodgy on some things.
Yeah, I think that's the dealer name. I decided not to get it, I don't want to buy somebody else's problems lol
Old Sep 16, 2018, 01:29 PM

i've been looking at a lot of evo's throughout the nation and many of them have had damage in the past or were stolen. i would say as long as damage isn't in the frame or is a flood car, than it should be good. make sure if it was repaired it was done nicely with oem or quality aftermarket parts, not some rip off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.