Rear sway bar bracket question - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Rear sway bar bracket question

Old Jan 1, 2019, 01:34 AM

Rear sway bar bracket question

Need some advice. Installed my Whiteline Rear Swaybar which did not include new brackets. Managed to get every bolt in and torqued to spec except for the two circled in red. Was unable to get them in as whenever those ones went in the rest would not align. Would it be a big issue to leave those bolts out?

Old Jan 1, 2019, 06:12 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Originally Posted by McRooster View Post
Need some advice. Installed my Whiteline Rear Swaybar which did not include new brackets. Managed to get every bolt in and torqued to spec except for the two circled in red. Was unable to get them in as whenever those ones went in the rest would not align. Would it be a big issue to leave those bolts out?
Yeah, dont leave out any fasteners. They are there for good reason.

Somehow when installing this RSB, you have possibly fastened the endlinks prior to fastening the main support fasteners? You likely have the bar loaded-up so that installing the main support fasteners is out of position?

Old Jan 1, 2019, 06:15 AM

Actually haven't put on my end links yet. Will try taking out the bolt that is facing the front of the car then do the fastener in red with the others facing the rear still attached.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 06:58 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.