Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Install 24MM Whiteline rear sway bar

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install 24MM Whiteline rear sway bar

OK guys since I didnt find this with several googles and EVOM searches I think we need it. If I mess it up then tell me and I will fix it.

1) remove passenger side wheel and jack the car up by the frame and secure with a jack stand getting maximum drop on the axle (your going to need it). You could prolly make the job easier doing both sides but this is the way I did it.

2) I have a buschar TBE but I think this will be the same take unhang the muffler from the rear hanger and take the next hanger up OFF.

3) Remove the old bar by: 3 bolts on each inner bracket (2 in the front one in the rear) 14mm

4) Remove the nuts on the end links (14mm)

5) Now comes the fun!

6) if the axle is hung and you rotate the bar enough it should come out but its pretty darn tight so some finanglin was required. I had to revisit my jack and tug on the brake assembly to get that last MM required to get it out. Having a friend work with you on this part would have been a real plus.

7) remove the inner brackets from the old bar one at a time and transfer to the new. There is one bolt that makes a sandwich out of the braket. Take it off and a little bit of persuasion and its 3 pieces. Transfer to the new rear bar. Use a bit of the provided grease on the inside of the new bushings. wipe off any excess now and later when it moves around a bit. grease draws dirt, dirt kills.

8) ok persuade the new bar back into the car. a lot of twisting was required for me to get it right but remember I only removed one wheel.

9) finger tight all nuts and bolts. If you dont catch the threads . .. try to 2 out of 3.

10) lower the car

11) get those bolts that you couldnt get started before in. you can leverage the brackets a bit. Seeing what your working on goes along way here.

12) shake the hell out of the bar, eyeball it! its got to sit right with the car at normal ride height. nothing should be stressed.

13) tighten the bolts that hit metal (i used estimate about 50lbs but maybe someone has the spec). Dont tighten the links like that you will kill them. after they make firm contact put in another turn.

14) put everything back (exhaust can be resnugged while its on the ground too).

and your done!!