Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Clutch job on my Evo 5...Same as in 4 & 6

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2003, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a pretty good price. The twin plate carbon fiber clutches by ATS are a bit more at $1750 but offer a little higher heat resistance and lighter weight. How does it feel Jigga? Is the twin plate difficult to drive with on an everyday basis? How loud is it? Did it convert the clutch to push type?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Guru
That is a pretty good price. The twin plate carbon fiber clutches by ATS are a bit more at $1750 but offer a little higher heat resistance and lighter weight. How does it feel Jigga? Is the twin plate difficult to drive with on an everyday basis? How loud is it? Did it convert the clutch to push type?
WOW, didn't even realize that this thread still existed. I have now done well over 4K miles with this clutch and I must say that it gets better as time progresses. Id say its difficult when you first get your hands on the car, the pedal will be a little stiffer, clutch engagement will be very sudden which might cause you to stall the car, especially in reverse. But give it a month or two and you wont even feel the difference between a single disk or twin. The noise was very loud and noticeable at first, but now I really dont pay attention, or know if the noise is still there or not.

About converting the clutch to push type, you got me there. Evos have pull type clutches, and Cusco/Daikin, along with all other foreign and domestic manufacturers of evos 4-6 clutches specify that they are pull type. Maybe someone can jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong.

regards,

LEE

Old Mar 29, 2003, 07:00 PM

sup i contacted this importing company about info on a lancer EVO and they told me that they dont sell to us cit. because it was illigal to have a lancer evo in the states ive seen atleast 2 in cali and know of a lot of others around the US, where did you guys get yours and how did you register it for.. what was the price you paid? if you dont mind sharing

thanks sonny nhoung