Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

B&M Precision Sport Shifter Install

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 08:13 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up B&M Precision Sport Shifter Install

Big thanks to Mike Bumbeck for the awesome write up and pics.

Click here for article.

- Mark
Old Jul 9, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

tHANKS FOR THE PICTURES AND INSTALL
Old Jul 12, 2004, 03:55 PM

where do you get the kit with the new bushings, I have looked everywhere, also the b&M shifters that I have seen have a 25-30% shorter thow. let me know where to get that exact kit from, please.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

I got the kit from Evoshop.com and used Suspension tech. poly. bushings. The guy that tried to install the kit said that it was too complicated for them and wished me good luck. He said that just outside of taking out the whole transmission, it would take hours to accomplish this install. How long did it take you Mike?
Old Jul 22, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Guys - you're welcome. It took longer than it would have normally because we stopped and took photos every couple minutes. It really depends on your skill level, but I would say anywhere from 2-4 hours is about right. Always allow for more time though. It's more fun that way. You do not have to remove the transmission - that's crazy talk. Just be careful with all the little clips and washers in the shifter assembly.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
ok check it out, i ran into two fat problems that actually aren't that fat but were annoying.

first problem, the driver side foot well front console panel has a screw, the passenger side doesn't, that's easy to figure out with visual inspection, so how do you get the passenger one off? don't expect it to be the same as driver side, just pull, pull perpendicular to the panel the clips that hold it in place are simple snap ins. so give it some mild pressure and they will snap out.

removing the shifter cables from the shifter base is a bit hard. they are clipped in there so don't just pull, you want to push them down as far as they can go, then get a blunt object (not a screw driver) and push the pins until you can pull hte cable out. this requires QUITE a bit of manuevering around in the footwell so you can see where you are aiming the tool to push, and the tabs require a LOT of effort to push down. best if you have a friend pulling the cable and you just concentrating on pushing the tab.

i broke something in my car :[ there is a little light that shines into the ash tray, when i was reinstalling the front console piece, it some how shattered into a million little pieces with a loud pop. this is probobly becuase it was stuck somewhere and i couldn't figure out why the console panel wouldn't go in, needless to say, after it popped everything fit nicely :\. anyone know what the part number to that little bulb is? not that i care about it so much.

hope this helps everyone.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 03:51 PM

Wink blue aluminum spacer placement

Thanks for the great article & pics. Maybe it's just me that was confused, but the blue aluminum spacers that replace the factory rubber bushings are intended to be installed beneath the shifter base, not in it (step 47). This is especially important when selecting the 45% reduction. There can be clearance issues otherwise.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

I suppose that could be a bit misleading. Yes in the base, as in under it. I'll see if I can get that edited.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 12:39 PM

Linky no worky
Old May 21, 2008, 09:08 AM

Link not working !!!!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
linky no worky...

but I think I found it...

https://www.evolutionm.net/features/article.php?id=42