EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   Keyless Remote Programming (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/104792-keyless-remote-programming.html)

AUSS1E Oct 22, 2004 07:46 AM

Keyless Remote Programming

3 Attachment(s)
It is not necessary to take it to the dealer to have it done according to my CD manual.
Attached is the instructions. I haven't tried this yet but plan to in a week or so. Hope it works. Looks like the trickiest part is grounding the #1 pin. Other than that it is straight forward.
No responsibility on my part if you mess up your car, Like I said I havent tried it yet.

franc01 Nov 11, 2004 10:23 PM

Key programming

Is there a similar programming sequence for ignition keys if you only have one key?

Thanks,
Franc

AUSS1E Nov 15, 2004 12:46 PM

No I think you have to have 2 keys to be able to add some easilly without getting the dealer or a locksmith to do it for you. I have that same dilema. but if you have it cut and ready to go they shouldnt charge too much to program it. I believe that there is a procedure in the owners manual detailing how to add keys, but it says you have to have 2 already.

mikespike2 May 17, 2007 09:35 PM

Worked perfectly! Just FYI for others, this is referring to the black connector, not the white one with one pin.

Put in the key, you don't have to turn it.
Short pin 1 (pins are even labeled, how nice!)
Press hazard button until doors lock and unlock
Press lock on remote, then press lock twice, doors lock and unlock
Repeat with all remotes (including existing)
Disconnect ground
Remove Key
Done!

It was even easier than I thought, it was literally 2 minutes.

mrbkkt1 Jun 14, 2007 01:36 PM

+1 on the ease of this install.
It took me less than a minute.

On a side note, a good ground that is easy to access while in your driver seat w/o having to bend down or anything is the metal bar under your ashtray- no paint on it, and good clean metal for good ground, and it's close enough to leave you a free hand.

jeffreyinigo Jun 24, 2007 11:06 PM

whoa i feel retarded. it seems really easy except im not sure if we need a scan tool or not. if we do which one can i use. can i use the one they use at autozone when they check your check engine light

mrbkkt1 Jun 25, 2007 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by jeffreyinigo (Post 4472134)
whoa i feel retarded. it seems really easy except im not sure if we need a scan tool or not. if we do which one can i use. can i use the one they use at autozone when they check your check engine light

no scan tool needed. just a wire, maybe 18 gauge and a clip, if you need it, but i didn't.
just poke one end of the wire into the #1 spot mentioned, and then ground it. beneath the ashtray is a very good clean ground, and it's nearby.

baylorar Nov 6, 2007 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by mikespike2 (Post 4342729)
Worked perfectly! Just FYI for others, this is referring to the black connector, not the white one with one pin.

Put in the key, you don't have to turn it.
Short pin 1 (pins are even labeled, how nice!)
Press hazard button until doors lock and unlock
Press lock on remote, then press lock twice, doors lock and unlock
Repeat with all remotes (including existing)
Disconnect ground
Remove Key
Done!

It was even easier than I thought, it was literally 2 minutes.

I recently bought my evo IX (used) and there was no keyless entry remote. I had the little used car dealership obtain a keyless entry remote and they told me to take it to a dealership to program. I did, they said they couldn't do it due to a previous aftermarket alarm being in the car before I purchased it.

I followed the above instructions verbatim and after I press lock twice on the remote, the doors unlock and lock (as they should). I disconnect everything and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Tech@SA573 Nov 6, 2007 01:14 PM

Pin 4 on that same connector is a ground. You can just use a short jumper wire to connect Pin 1 to Pin 4 instead.

Edit: That wasn't an answer to your question, baylorar, I just thought I'd let everyone reading this know.

ctbz860 Mar 5, 2008 07:28 PM

alright!, just tried doing this today, years later after this post, hahaha.. and it works like a charm, in 2 seconds!

rahku Apr 16, 2008 09:09 PM

im having trouble finding the data link connector can anyone tell me what it looks like and where it will possibly be located at on a evo 8

AUSS1E Apr 17, 2008 09:02 AM

by your rt knee. look up under the dash. you may have to move the seat back and lay down in there with a light

IDRINKV8 Jun 18, 2008 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by baylorar (Post 4928573)
I followed the above instructions verbatim and after I press lock twice on the remote, the doors unlock and lock (as they should). I disconnect everything and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Im having the same problem exactly on my evo 9. Any ideas?
Thanks

PHILLY EVO Feb 11, 2009 12:29 PM

Worked great thanks

EVO8MRjdm Mar 26, 2009 10:23 PM

hey guys,

is this for US Evo 8? or JDM evo 8/8MR? or would it work for both?

I wish to purchase a spare key, have it cut, then either program it (or swap the electronic receiver in the key head with my spare key which has no lock/unlock buttons), and then id like to program the lock/unlock buttons

thanks