Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Apexi AVCR hints and tips

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apexi AVCR hints and tips

There is some basic info I really wish I had before I started my AVCR install, so I'm going to post this for future installs.

This is on a IX

FIRST. ECU wires to use for the install. You only use 4.
The green and black wires are grounds. I put them together in an eyelet and used one of the ecu bolts for the ground.
The white wire is the vehicle speed, for this I used pin number 80. The wire is black and yellow.
The gray wire is for the throttle. For this I used pin number 78. A green wire.
The The red wire is the power for the avcr. For this I used pin number 99. the wire is black and red.
the purple wire is for the rpm signal. I used pin number 45. this wire is green and white.
there's a link below for the ecu pin number ect.

that info right there would have saved me a lot of time.

I used that hole to the right of the glove box to run the harness. I cut the connectors to the boost pressure senor and soliniod, fed the wires through the wirewall. then put the connectors back on in the engine bay.

I installed this ebc after I already had an MBC, so I didn't have to mess with all those vac lines. basically eliminate vac lines in the intake pipe/turbo area. plug the hole in the intake pipe. and somehow cap off the factory boost soliniod. you just need the one vac line going to the wastegate, and the other on the turbo compressor housing as the boost source.

these should help some

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...4&postcount=47

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...40820#poststop

maybe start off with 1.5 for the boost, and 60 for the solininiod duty cycle to start with.

anyone else wanna add anything???

I forgot to add that uner setting then car select, it asks for cyl/speed/throttle. 4 cyl of course, use 4 under "spd" and the arrow under the last column should be pointing up to the right.

Last edited by BenBob; Oct 16, 2007 at 05:53 AM. Reason: forgot some stuff