Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

air condition temp knob

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes

it's covered 3/36 or whatever. I have to be careful and go slow with the knob even after the dealer fixed mine.

Originally Posted by griplimited
Wait.. so its not covered under warranty from dealers?

Last edited by cfdfireman1; Jul 16, 2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:49 AM

ic. thought you guys were screwed on this.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

So even if the vehicle has 70,000 miles on it the dealership will fix this problem for free?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NO, I really don't think so.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For anyone looking to replace the temperature knob, I was vote against it. I suffered all last winter with luke hot air because my knob would only go halfway. I read through a few threads and I have to thank evoM for saving me some money. If you lay on your back on the driver's side, by turning your knob you can see the white lever move back and forth. All you have to do is give it a little nudge and slide the part all the way to the end. It took me about 15 seconds to figure out. Thanks fellahs!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

I can't deal with that anymore. It's ridiculous, embarassing, miserable and pathetic. The AC is barely any cooler than room temp., the zones don't adjust right and never on your feet and my heat is always blowing through at least some vents including whe the AC is on, so starting tomorrow am going to fix it for once and for all no matter what it takes.
Dash is coming out, blender door and gears being replaced, and if need be the cables too.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by jwick76
I just got under my dash today and noticed that my cable is kinked as well. Did you just get a new cable? Is it even possible to get a new cable? Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Kevin, it seems that there is a newer, more popular thread going on somewhere, but My cable is jacked like yours too, and I need to find a solution. I don't have the link handy, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll look for it when I get home.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by hokiruu
Kevin, it seems that there is a newer, more popular thread going on somewhere, but My cable is jacked like yours too, and I need to find a solution. I don't have the link handy, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll look for it when I get home.
aight cool.

Yea my cable is kinked and the temp isn't going above 40* here in Philly so need my heat. I got under my dash today and moved the gear manually to get it all the way to hot. Apparently the problem sometimes isn't even the cable but the control box. This is ****ing bull****. POS Mitsubishi design and not a recall.

I'm gonna try to rig up something to wrap around the cable to keep it from bending and put in the new gears lubed up and see if that works. If so I'll be satisfied.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup. I don't have the part numbers on me. One of them is longer, and one is shorter. I just went and got both, they're only a few bucks.

Try to lube up the gears as much as possible, and work them manually quite a few times to loosen up any gunk...then install your new cable....or you'll just end up kinking the new one.

I also did the cabin air filter mod that was fairly easy. That way it keeps any crap from getting into the duct assembly.

Air cleaner mod: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ir-filter.html

As for the cable part numbers, check the parts request section

good luck
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, you can get a new gear setup from mitsubishi. Apparently they addressed this issue by adjusting their plastic molds:-p
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:42 AM

Aight thanks! I have the cabin filter and the new gears.

So how does the install of the cable go? Does it like screw into the back of the HVAC box? Probably a ***** to put in.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 04:11 AM

Is this it?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

AWESOME. Thanks for sharing guys.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

old thread bump, sorry.... but how much is this part from the dealer? i broke off mine about a year ago... and im tryin to trade off my mitsu for a new one.... ive been reaching under the dash for a while now. any help? direction? links?

Quick Reply: air condition temp knob