Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: UEGO wideband install

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok understood but I think I asked the wrong question, I guess I ment to ask are you suppose to solder it in order to be able to ge the car tuned, or is that just for personal logging
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They're both one in the same...

Yo use it to log which in turn is part of the tuning process...

Your tuner should have their own wideband that they use to tune the car with though...who's going to be tuning the car?

Unless you're doing an e-mail tune you can wait on doing the soldering part.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Well the thing is I dont know who I want to tune it, for example MAP is suppose to be coming down to Austin as I'm pretty sure you heard of and then they'res Evo Dynamics, or I was also thinking Mellon so thats the reason I asked about this. So if I get an E-mail tune I shouldnt have to right.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya I heard MAP was coming to the area...

And yes if you're doing an e-mail tune...the soldering part IS required...

I personally took my car to EvoDyamics...Kevin is very good at what he does and is very knowledgeable and will answer any questions you might have.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Cool thanx bro.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 08:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quite a few people go this route to make it easier http://www.mellontuning.com/index.ph...roducts_id=467
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Thanx for that info might pick that up.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 06:15 PM

I had to replace the main wire from the display to the o2 sensor.. lol totally depinned it and the connection seemed unsecure from that point on. I had.. and STILL have a very jumpy o2 reading.. this was after replacing the main harness to the o2 sensor.. after switching power from my head unit to a constant on location when key is turned on.. (it does not reset mid start up like it would hooked up to the headunit). My sensor is just before my test pipe..

kinda over this unit.. now im wondering if its my tune.. i was never exactly satisfied with my ivey tune.. havnt had money for a retune.. but i almost want to pin this on my tune because ive tried figuring this sensor out for to long now that i can almost say its working fine.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:27 AM

okay see how to install it but how do i get the Evo Scan software to log the O2 sensor reading do i wire it into the harness or does the serial to USB cable know to use evo scan.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 07:29 PM

cool I like the setup
Old Jun 23, 2014, 07:47 PM

Extremely helpful! Good writeup
Old Aug 1, 2014, 05:14 AM

Thanks. I'm Doing it this weekend. Great write up.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great write up!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As far as mounting and routing and such this is a good write up. Far as wiring DO NOT do what this write up says. For one I assume the yellow wire you speak of is the 5v wire (white on my AEM) you need that hooked up to one of the wires for ECU o2 sensor. Best in the front, better yet soldered to the end so it plugs in with the ECU harness. Doing this let's the car utilize the sensor and makes a huge difference when tuning. Now for the power and ground. DO NOT jump off your stereo harness. It needs to be to it's very own switched power source (on with key on, off with key off) WITH A FUSE, AND BETTER A RELAY. IT NEEDS a good ground. Attach to where other grounds are attached, in this case find the ECU grounds for comonents and tap into this. I saw a guy on here the Nissan username mentioned something about how he was unimpressed with the quality of the sensor and he thought it was his tune and etc etc. this is exactly what happens when you don't wire them up correctly the insufficient power source messes with the sensor. the sensor begins to act funny and erratic and before you know it you're chasing your tail thinking its other issues. The main reason for all of this because the o2 sensor is heated. You're adding something to the circuit that runs off resistance and creates heat and draws at least two to five amps at all times that's a lot to add to a circuit that runs a radio or cigarette lighter on top of what is already there plus, you're adding those teeny little gauge wires onto a circuit now it has to be part of it and carry their load too. I've seen high pitch noises come out of speakers, I've seen the backs of gauges fry and melt, I've seen them act funny or not do anything at all. All from in correct wiring. make sure you wire your gauge up properly, use a fuse, use a relay if you can. The12volt.com will have the info that you need for relay wiring methods