Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

AEM Uego to Evoscan Wiring...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Uego to Evoscan Wiring...

I looked on the board to find out how to install the AEM Uego so it would work with Evoscan, but didn't find any write ups, just some discussion, so heres how to do it This project cost me $45 at my local radioshack, and about an hour of my time.

Heres what you need:
-D-sub to USB cable
-D-sub 3 male adapter
-D-Sub Shroud

Picture

Next you need to make the male connector accept the wiring needed for the install. The AEM Uego blue wire needs to go into port 2 of the d-sub, and you need to make a ground off of port 5. I chose to extend the wiring and use simple adapters to connect them in the car. Below is my crude dipiction of what the connectors look like. You need ports 2 & 5 as mentioned.

\ 1 2 3 4 5 /
\ 6 7 8 9 /

After all the soldering is complete it should look like this:

Note: continuity is very important with something that needs to be percise such as this gauge reading. Make sure all your solders are shiny and the solder sinks into the wiring. For this to happen the wire and receptical need to be hot.

I chose to use a shroud to keep everything neat and organized, and to keep any possible tension off the wiring. It should look like this before you put the other half on.

This is what the completed assembly looks like.

And what you need for the final install:
-Wire cutters
-2 Zip ties
-1/4 Rachet
-12mm Socket
-Wire Clamp

Picture:

Clamp the male addapter to the blue signal wire on the Uego.

Find a place to ground the d-sub. I chose one of the 12mm steering column bolts. Then ziptie the actual d-sub to the grounding terminal where your tatrix cable goes. This will keep everthing nice and organized.

Install the software provided with the cable you bough, open evoscan, and have fun logging!! Any Evoscan 2.6beta users. You will need to downgrade to evoscan 2.5 until this bug is worked out.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Discuss thread HERE!