Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New gauge pod design!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experiences I believe it was a small business trying to make it big, when he really didn't have the help to mass produce these pods.

As you all know I was one of the first 10 to recieve my pod. I recieved it nicely packaged, and finished. Well while I was sanding the gauge holes down a bit to fit in my gauges my back bracket broke off. I guess it was the epoxy that he used didn't hold up that well. Anyways he advertised he would replace it. So I just super glued the bracket back on which held up really nicely. This happened in October I believe. Well I waited and waited and waited for a new pod and never recieved it. He kept replying to me that he had sent it, but I hadn't replaced it. I was kind enough to even offer to send the pod back when I recieved the new pod. Well it was around march (6 months later) I asked again. He thought he had sent it so he said he had one ready he would send ASAP. Well haven't heard from him since and now my evo is totaled so I'm not to concerned with it anymore. My super glue did survive the accident though , but it was a bit scratched up from the towing company that I just left it in the car. It was a nice piece and if someone could pick up from where he left off and get these things mass produced I see a big market in them.

I don't think I'll be going this gauge route next time around as I like the CH panel and always have.

Just thought I would share my experience since I kept it through PM, until now that he has disappeared.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:56 AM

Hey, not necessarily trying to step on anyones toes here, but if someone were to bring me an evo to my shop here in phoenix, I could come up with something similar, I have the resources availalbe to mass produce something like this.

I could even throw in some more options such as gauge/boost controller/gauge sort of thing. I am very good with fiberglass, and with any sort of mass production I always make the original and then contract out the work. If anyone has a serious inquiry about doing this, drop me a line at smokinvr4@hotmail.com. I have some methods that would allow adaptation of 'extra' electronics as simple as swithing out an insert. I could make a couple, and then see if you guys like them and then go from there.

Just an example of something that I made for my peeps over at 3si.org-

I designed that to replace the domelight in the 3kgt

Last edited by 3kgt Concepts; Jul 27, 2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3kgt Concepts
Hey, not necessarily trying to step on anyones toes here, but if someone were to bring me an evo to my shop here in phoenix, I could come up with something similar, I have the resources availalbe to mass produce something like this.

I could even throw in some more options such as gauge/boost controller/gauge sort of thing. I am very good with fiberglass, and with any sort of mass production I always make the original and then contract out the work. If anyone has a serious inquiry about doing this, drop me a line at smokinvr4@hotmail.com. I have some methods that would allow adaptation of 'extra' electronics as simple as swithing out an insert. I could make a couple, and then see if you guys like them and then go from there.

Just an example of something that I made for my peeps over at 3si.org-

I designed that to replace the domelight in the 3kgt
Awesome.... I have a couple of ideas, though I don't live in Phoenix anymore . I'll shoot you an email later.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 04:30 AM

just a red x please fix
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 3kgt Concepts
Wow, that looks nice! How much do you charge for one-off designs? I'd like something to replace the cubbyhole panel below the climate controls that would house my 5" touchscreen, or possibly a few 2.5" color touchscreens.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Matz
Wow, that looks nice! How much do you charge for one-off designs? I'd like something to replace the cubbyhole panel below the climate controls that would house my 5" touchscreen, or possibly a few 2.5" color touchscreens.
Well, first things first I need to get an Evo in the shop and take a good look and see whats involved.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

are you ever going to make more of these pods??
Old Sep 29, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by J8dailo
are you ever going to make more of these pods??
If you're asking this question to Audio18, don't bother. I still haven't received SH*T and I paid the bastard in March.

By the way, you can get an AVIC-N2 brand new for $1250 shipped...
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:34 PM

hey, I have a question, what does your Evo headliners look like? I made that pod to replace the domelight on a 3000gt but it may very well work for Evo's too

Someone have a pic??
Old Feb 14, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

hey this pods are still available?????????
i love the way it looks~
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yesevo
hey this pods are still available?????????
i love the way it looks~

Go with the panel from Gruppe-S. I ended up buying that after Audio18 ran off with my $$$, and it's really nice.