Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDM EVO MR headlights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JDM EVO MR headlights

I need input. I know this has been discussed many times. I am thinking of replacing my headlight with JDM EVO MR headlights but after reading the old forums about this, I'm not certain. I'm hoping I can get some help.

What is needed to install this JDM? What will not work (in-cockpit adjustment, foglight?) or what will work with what kind of modification? What things that cannot be changed (higher level beam on LH side)?

All inputs are greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

bump for info.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Everything is a direct replacement except the fog light which for the US car is the H11 and for the JDM is 9006. All you have to do is just is just remove or splice the h11 sockets and put in the 9006 sockets. It's very easy to do, you'll just have to take off the bumper.

Also you can get nokya sockets online for about 20 bucks or just go to your local checkers, pep boys and get them for no more than 4.50 each socket. Thats what i did.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks. Do you know if the JDM headlight part number is MN161167? I saw this in http://www.mitsubishipartsstore.com/...sort=3a&page=3 but it did say that it is EVO7 JDM. Just wondering. Thanks again.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

well if you want the chrome housing with the amber on the bottom than that one is it. But the MR's have a black housing and the amber bottom.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Does the in-cockpit height adjustment still work?
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Yup,sure does

Originally Posted by marmutz
Does the in-cockpit height adjustment still work?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The other thing to consider with the JDM headlights is that the pattern thrown by the HIDs is designed for a right hand drive car that will be on the left side of the road. That means that it has a flat cutoff on the right and a big slash that is meant to light up the side of the road. When installed in a left hand drive car that is driven on the right side of the road you end up blinding (and pissing off) the on-coming traffic.

My solution was to take apart the stock US MR headlights and the JDM headlights and swapping out the HID shields so that the cut-off would be appropriate for US roads.

I used a heat gun to carefully soften the adhesive/sealer that holds the lamps together and pried with a couple of screw drivers. It was tough, but worth the work.

Jim
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jplgsx
The other thing to consider with the JDM headlights is that the pattern thrown by the HIDs is designed for a right hand drive car that will be on the left side of the road. That means that it has a flat cutoff on the right and a big slash that is meant to light up the side of the road. When installed in a left hand drive car that is driven on the right side of the road you end up blinding (and pissing off) the on-coming traffic.

My solution was to take apart the stock US MR headlights and the JDM headlights and swapping out the HID shields so that the cut-off would be appropriate for US roads.

I used a heat gun to carefully soften the adhesive/sealer that holds the lamps together and pried with a couple of screw drivers. It was tough, but worth the work.

Jim
Its barely angled to one side... I couldnt barely see the difference..imo i say just leave it... its not that big of a deal