Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evodave photo shoot teaser...finallly some REAL pics

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:18 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Evodave photo shoot teaser...finallly some REAL pics

Well first i would like to thank some friends....Matt @slickmotorsports , Tym Switzer ,Brian L. , Don and Dave (the later of the two you will see their info on the bottom of the pics as they were the gurus who made this possible and Brian cleaned the car up and took it there as i am too lazy to clean my car ever and never on time . Anyway, thanks to them and just a fyi Sorry guys but they had to use stock tails as my car had none cause all my modded ones were out for cores for customers ....will have black/gunmetal evodave modded ones back in asap Anyway i am sure they will post up more but i just couldn't wait to show you guys a few! I will add sponser list in here shortly

UPDATE thanks guys....seriously means a lot.

so here is what we got...LOTS of changes....cwest w/varis carbon canard kit and garage hrs carbon/kevlar from lip /undertray (undertray custom rivoted on aluminum by me and slickmotorsports), cwest sides most likely to fit the look i need and i already have varis carbon fiber side undertrays (to match the front look) , then on the rear either another ings+1 replica rear from the kits i sell w/ another custom undertray OR maybe a evo9 rear w/varis undertray . Wheels are on the way and they are 18X9.5 +22 GTR faced diamond black TE37s w/ 265 35 18 A048 tires.... more weight reduction going on . 13 point rollcage is here and using a APEXi RX6 time attack turbo kit for road racing and as always slickmotorsports gt35r kit to run 9s this year.
Additionally we are going to do custom intercooler w/ crazy tanks to allow us not to have to go under the drivers side headlight to fit intercooler piping . its gonna squeeze in between the core support and i will be modifying the headlight to allow the 3 inch piping through . That should cut out about 3 feet of piping to aid in spoolup and **** response and also cut down bends which isn't that big of a deal. I will also be running a big 4 inch core super high end intercooler setup for the first time (all last year i was running a small (ISH) 3 inch thick core that we use a lot and its great but was definitely limiting the power potential . I am also changing out my cams and going w/ the new S2 GSC cams (272ish ) flavor w/ higher lift to really get this car moving some air at and up to the 9800 rpm readline that i used all last season. just some minor updates to keep it exciting ....more to come.
stay tuned

Dave

BTW someone on the other site asked it this was a trailer queen.... for you guys that don't know me or the car i will copy and paste what i wrote there to give a brief run down of the car and where its going and been...

The only time that car sits is when its broke....the only time its on a trailer is when its too far to the race for me to get a easy tow back if i break it...it has only been washed 4 times this year including getting cleaned yesterday...its normally really gross only comes clean for shows/photos so its definitely not a pretty trailer queen. I set goals for my cars...last year i wanted to run a 10s on pump gas/meth injection and cam close and definitely had the MPH for it with a 11.1 at 129mph on pump/meth , stock motor besides cams and headbolts , stock throttle body and stock intake manifold but ran out of traction and season when i kept breaking stock front diffs.
This year i wanted to run 10s on the gt35r again and did the first time out with the time attack body work you see above..i took off the downforce and ran a 10.7 at 133mph on LOW boost and a half tune. We got the other bumper setup done and installed it that next week and went to 42 still at low boost but with the bumper and us being more used to 42 and ran a 10.5 at 136 basically with a 102.9 mph in the 1/8th. We then had a full tune done and upped the boost about 6psi but then developed problems with the throttle body leaking and could only run a 10.7 at 128mph (boost loss up top from TB) BUT with a 105.9 1/8th mph so i feel it woulda been close.
We then changed to bigger cams in hopes of breaking 9s on my dunlop direzza street tires but that didn't happen as we have been held up by weather , the tuner not being available or one thing after the other. Once i run 9s (this year or next ) i am going to take some power away and once i am good and practiced with my new project racer /practice car s13 coupe 240/silvia i am going to start road racing the beast ....thats really what i set it up for anyway...need to install the sequential shifter setup and what not and change the tranny gearing but other then that the motor we raced with that matt @slickmotorsports built that i have been reving to 9,500 rpms is staying in the car.
BTW old pic with the tails i normally run ....had to give them to a customer and didn't have any modded ones here or enough time to mod them in a couples hours as the shoot was short notice

Last edited by evodave; Aug 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

That car is sickkkkk dave. O M G

Just awsome!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'll drink to that

very nice ride, and it looks good to, problaby looks good when dirty as well

james
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:27 AM

BTW, we'll have more pictures, but we ran out of batteries for the camera.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

That thing is sick Dave. I love it. Runs 10s and looking like that is freaking awesome. Congrats.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Def one of the best looking Evos on here and has the power to back it up
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

SICK! I can't even begin to imagine how expensive those seats were
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

How does one get into the back seats?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

best looking Evo I ever seen so far
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

wow, thats one gorgeous car.
love the second picture
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I love the car Dave
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Very nice! cant wait to see some videos of it. Stock tails...lol.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

awesome car!!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a yellow Supra here in Atlanta with that same tag. I'm sure you tick some people off with that one.

Nice pics and a very nice Evo.

Quick Reply: Evodave photo shoot teaser...finallly some REAL pics