Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Deft CF hoods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deft CF hoods

Hello guys..

So ....looking for a hood and found this:

http://www.deftracing.com/carbon_fib...ncer_evo_8.htm

its half the price of Seibons ($330) and does the same job...any feedback from people who ((((TRIED))) it will be appreciated. Is fitting ok?...weight?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im interested on feedback as well
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:01 PM

Shipping is $165.00.
How much is it to have a Seibon shipped?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tfray
Shipping is $165.00.
How much is it to have a Seibon shipped?
The same website lists the Seibon for $608 shipped...so you figure a $100+ difference here...good note on the shipping though...its an Ebay like trick

is it worth it?..Any one got a good deal on a CF hood with a great fit and finish is welcome here....I dont mind the extra $$ for a better fit if its confirmed to be of a better quality
Old Mar 11, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha i like the "03,04,05 and up" statement
Old Mar 21, 2007, 01:55 AM

Hey guys, this is Bil from deft Racing. i saw that a bunch more hits were coming from this forum so I checked it out and found this thread.

To Introduce myself, I have a 3000GT Spyder twin turbo. I know its not an Evo but still the same family... and shes my baby... here's a pic:

I designed that hood ont here right now, its our Carbon Fiber 575 hood.

So here's some pics of the CF Evo hood we have, on our sponsored guy Pete from Team High Intenzity's Evo.

We sell a TON of these hoods, and almost always people ask me if they can use their stock screen, as i agree it's nicer than the supplied mesh. Yes, as you can see int he pics Pete got it to work by screwing it into the CF hood... looks great when i see it at shows.

last time I saw it it was the MOD Mitsubishi Owners Day at the headquarters. I was one of the organizers back when it was just a socal mitsubishi clubs huge gathering... then it ended up at the actual mitsu lot... pretty fun. My car is always there...dunno if any of you guys have been by or not.

Tfray, the reason the shipping is higher is we dont use the cheapest shipping company because the break hoods and take too long. if you check out our customer feedback:
http://www.deftracing.com/customer_feedback.htm

You'll see alot of the comments are about how we pack it like a baby, so yes, our shipping and packing costs are a little bit higher. We can afford to do that because we still destroy prices because we are the actual manufacturer, and we're selling direct. Alot of companies resell our hoods for 2 or 3x's what we sell them for! VIS ansd Seibon also have to pay shipping fees because their hoods are made in China. We can beat it because ours are all american made, no shipping, even though only using DUPONT UV coatings costs more... it works out still better for us.

haha dave, thanks for the heads up... often when we make the page the year isnt up yet, and we dont know for sure if the new year will have a new body or not. I think that page was made in 04 when we knew that it was going to be the same in 06, but no word yet on 07. We do that to be safe. I can safely change that to 07 now though eh? or is that EVO X's year?

if any of you guys have any questions go ahead and ask, I dont mind anyone asking questions, I'm a car lover like you guys ...pretty laid back.

Have a good one... and no hating on the non evo! haha.

-Bill

Last edited by deftspyder; Mar 21, 2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

anyone have any direct experience w/ these hoods?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I have direct experience with them. I did a local pickup last month and picked up this hood for my car. It's an extremely light hood so I do recommend using hood pins with it if you do spirited driving. The quality of the hood is very good, and is loaded with UV coating so it probably won't fade for the lifetime of your vehicle. The clear coat is very smooth on it and you could probably ice skate on the hood, but I wouldn't recommend it. And as for fitment its good, fits better than most other CF hoods I've seen. I had to adjust the stoppers on the car a little bit for it to fit even better. As for Bill, he has awesome customer service and always there to help you out. He checks his e-mails regularly and responds almost as fast as under a minute.

The only thing I didn't like about the hood was that I wasn't able to use the stock grill from the OEM hood, but that was it. Just because of that I sold this hood locally and bought the Ralliart CF hood, but it was worth it =). Haha, I am picky :P. The mesh supplied with the hood is decent material. I just spray painted mine black when I had it and it looked good.

Last edited by TeKiZeRo; Mar 28, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo
Yeah, I have direct experience with them. I did a local pickup last month and picked up this hood for my car. It's an extremely light hood so I do recommend using hood pins with it if you do spirited driving. The quality of the hood is very good, and is loaded with UV coating so it probably won't fade for the lifetime of your vehicle. The clear coat is very smooth on it and you could probably ice skate on the hood, but I wouldn't recommend it. And as for fitment its good, fits better than most other CF hoods I've seen. I had to adjust the stoppers on the car a little bit for it to fit even better. As for Bill, he has awesome customer service and always there to help you out. He checks his e-mails regularly and responds almost as fast as under a minute.
Thanks for the great review... and for the personal compliments as well. I really appreciate it!

I'm suprised you couldnt use your grill, as the pics above show, our sponsored guy, is using the stock grill. He just had to mount it, but I'm not sure exactly how he did it... I can ask though I think we're all picky with our cars
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like he mounted the heat shield vent that usually goes under the hood, but he didn't use the stock mesh =). You can tell because the stock mesh has a big rubber border around it.

Last edited by TeKiZeRo; Mar 28, 2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

damn that hood pin system there is nice too! $ but still
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
does daft garentee perfect fitment and quality of the hood's? can we get a few pic's of the edge's and stuff. i like when it is smooth and not like some of the honda guys hood where they look like there cut. get what im saying??
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo
It looks like he mounted the heat shield vent that usually goes under the hood, but he didn't use the stock mesh =). You can tell because the stock mesh has a big rubber border around it.

you win.. ding ding ding .. we have a winner

anywho, Interesting thread.

To Bill from Deft. I love you car man. I've never seen a spider. Looks great. What numbers you pumping out??
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:55 AM

you might want to watch the clear coat on cheap hoods they can create pealing problems

Quick Reply: Deft CF hoods