Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bride seats and sizing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bride seats and sizing

I have a couple of questions for people running bride seats. I have recently been looking at getting a set of seats and need to know if there is anyone else out there running bride seats. More specifically the bride zeta III's or bride brix II's. (Or any bride seat with sizing close to those.) I wanted to know your opinion on them and possibly your body size so that I could reference if they will be what I am looking for or not and if they will be even semi comfortable. I have already talked to Ed@Evasive Motorsports (which he was very helpfull ). He had the zeta III in his evo and said that with the size of my body they should be fine but, I am just looking for some other information and opinions from other members. As these seats are not exactly cheap. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to both seats I am talking about:

Bride Zeta III (most interested in this type)
http://www.tees-usa.com/zeta3.html

Bride Brix II
http://www.tees-usa.com/brix2.html

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly, you're going to have to find a way to sit in them. That's all I have to say to you. When we're spending this type of money on something your *** goes into, it's best to have first hand experience. I'm telling you from experience.

I'm 6'4 and 220lbs, there has not been one seat that Bride makes that I have been able to sit in. I've seriously almost sat in them all, and by all, I mean the full racing shells. I'm talking, my *** couldn't even touch the bottom of the seat where your *** is supposed to sit. I'd get stuck on the fiberglass thats supposed to support your thighs. I've always said they made these things for small asian people, no one listens

But as I mentioned before, I'd sit in them first bud. Even with Status seats, I sat in EVERY single version they had and did not fit in any. I'm not fat, trust me. I forced myself into one but it stopped the blood circulation in my body My favorite shell of all time is the one I currently have and LOVE. The Recaro Pole Position combined with the Bride FO bottom bracket that is actually a slider too. All in one peice.

Hope that helps

-Arbi

Last edited by 1NastyEvo; Mar 13, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

hey nick....i had a pair of bride brixx II's and i fit fine in them im 5'8 180lbs. I actually liked them alot. My friend had a pair of zeta's and there ones i could not fit in for some reason. But my friend has bride gias the carbon bucket reclinables and oh man thooose are way more comfortable than my brixx II's and my other friend with a Z has the bride stradia and thoose are just as comfortable as the gias but the sides dont come up as high. So yeah hope that helps a bit
Old Mar 13, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Ihad the BRixII. They were comfortable for daily driving. Sides are pretty tight..but not comapred to full buckets. I am 5'7' 140 and Fit in them perfect. THey push your legs together kinda becasue of the side bolsters. I drove down to LA (6hours) and when i got there my back was hurting just a little becasue the seat wasnt as "comfy" as oem recaros imo. IF you are any wider then a 35 waist(im guessing I would say go with the Ergo. Basically a brix with lower sides and more easier on "chubbyer" people. lol. I would not recomned zettas for DD unless your hardcore or have alot of energy to get in/out of those Full buckets everyday.
I have the Gias now..althgough a little more dough They feel like a full bucket but now I can adjust to where my back wont hurt if driving a long time. Kinda like a better holding Brix. My suggestion to you before you spend alot of cash sit in them. 5 min wont hurt a ~2k purchase.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

I was trying to get this same info back when I was shopping for seats. I really wanted to go with bride but like you, I was worried I wouldn't fit.

I'm 6'1, ~210 lbs, 34" waist and after sitting in several different seats, I ended up getting a bride zeta III type L (coincidentally from ed @ evasive, who's great to deal with btw). it's definitely snug, but in a good way. not uncomfortable, unless you're driving for more than 4 hours at a time. I've gone on a few long, hardcore canyon drives with this seat and I don't know how the hell I drove without it. no more bracing against the door, no more holding myself in place with the wheel. I'm in so much more control of the car now it's not even funny. can't wait til my next track day.

for comparison...

- the standard zeta III was just a little too tight and the seat back isn't quite high enough for someone my size; the harness holes are too far below my shoulders.

- the gias was pretty comfortable; I thought it would be too tight going by bride's measurements but it was actually pretty nice. I could daily drive in that seat no problem. the bolsters are pretty aggressive but still not as secure as a full race bucket.

- recaro's SPG fits right between the Zeta III and the Zeta III Type L.

- the SPG XL would probably fit me perfectly and was my 2nd choice behind the zetaIII type L, but I didn't get a chance to sit in one.

- the recaro pole position is downright cozy. plenty of room, and probably a slightly better overall choice for someone my size (especially on longer trips), but I didn't feel it had quite enough side support. not to mention, I just really dig bride seats.

hope this helps. I can give feedback on several other seats too but these seem to be the most popular.

good luck...

Last edited by apexstrafer; Mar 14, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
Former Sponsor

After doing more math than I wanted to with the mm to inches conversion it seems to me as the bride buckets are as 1nastyevo put it for small asian people, . I am 5'11" and weight 230 lbs with a wait size of 34-36 depending on if it was a good time the night before. So the brides although very nice and high quaility just do not seem as though they will work out for me. Especially if I'm paying the money they cost. I have decided to go wit the recaro pole position setup. I would still like to sit in a pair but, here in Wakeman there are not too many Bride dealerd or sealers in ths area (and if you have been here you know all to well what I am talking about) I do appreciate all the help and information you guys have provided for me. Thank you.

Last edited by Nick@Buschurs; Mar 14, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Excellent choice Nick, you will not regret it. I'm glad I was of assistance.

Those things keep you pinned in the seat around the track!

Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

the pole position is an excellent choice. you'll love it.

but just to reiterate, the bride zeta III type L does in fact fit "american size" people, despite what the measurements on their site might lead you to believe.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
I have a couple of questions for people running bride seats. I have recently been looking at getting a set of seats and need to know if there is anyone else out there running bride seats. More specifically the bride zeta III's or bride brix II's. (Or any bride seat with sizing close to those.) I wanted to know your opinion on them and possibly your body size so that I could reference if they will be what I am looking for or not and if they will be even semi comfortable. I have already talked to Ed@Evasive Motorsports (which he was very helpfull ). He had the zeta III in his evo and said that with the size of my body they should be fine but, I am just looking for some other information and opinions from other members. As these seats are not exactly cheap. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to both seats I am talking about:

Bride Zeta III (most interested in this type)
http://www.tees-usa.com/zeta3.html

Bride Brix II
http://www.tees-usa.com/brix2.html

Thanks.

I have the ZETA III and love them. Im 6'2" but only 145lbs to tall and skinny. The only down side to them is with out the lumbar pad they kind of hurt my lowerback a bit. I HIGHLY suggest getting the tuning pads for them. They are high quality, and hold you great. You can get them to sit really low if you want (I could mount mine so I almost couldnt see over my dash!).
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
I am 5'11" and weight 230 lbs with a wait size of 34-36 depending on if it was a good time the night before.

Yea Im a 31 waste ... a 34-36 will not fit
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by M3this
Yea Im a 31 waste ... a 34-36 will not fit
Are you calling me a big fatty, . Well the next time I see someone with the brides I will sit in them. I would assume that someone at the next shootout may have them and I will sweet talk them alittle bit for a test fit.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Naw ... LOL .... my friend Ryan is about the same size waste as you and he can fit in them but is hateing life in them. LOL

On the up side they are a good test for Girls ... my rule of thumb is if she cant fit in my seat I cant date her ...lol
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

You will not fit Nick. I'm 5-10, 185 lbs and the Zeta III fit me too tigh. it squeezed my ball too, lol
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Wow! You only have one? Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Originally Posted by Dave2
it squeezed my ball too, lol
Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I love the Zeta 3 so much I got one for my evo and another for my spec miata. I am 5'11 and about 150 pounds (32 inch waist) and the seats fit perfect. I have some wiggle room if I gain a little weight. Quality is great and they take a lot of abuse, I have owned the black one for over 3 years and no probs (rip, tears, wears, fading etc.)

Name:  DSCN1068.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  71.7 KB
Name:  DSCN0998.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  41.6 KB

Quick Reply: Bride seats and sizing