Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCspeed34

And about the rear end, I plan on just modifying mine to fit the AWD system. Several others whom I purchase parts from have done such a conversion, and I will seek their advice when the time comes. However, that is about $5000 away (a lovely Evo 5 front clip w/ built engine, rhd swap, brakes and tranny is on eBay)
The Evo 5 actually has original LHD versions, and my 5 is original LHD, aka Evo 5 RS and it was one of the most limited editions built, 5000 world wide. If you got friends planning to do an Evo 5 project, tell them no need to convert it into RHD. The LHD RS versions are even more limited, and right now, those used Evo 5 RS sells as high as Evo 7s since they are very limited and people are willing to spend a fortune just to get their hands on those monsters.

The first Evo to have original LHD versions are the Evo 4 RS.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:20 PM

keep us updated
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a little motivation from my own, not to jack but if you're looking for the decals I found a good site that sells them online from england and they were amazing... pics for reference

pm me if you want their info

and yes i reworked my bumper so the exhaust would come out on the right vice left...
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:44 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
something is off with your tme. I guess it is the white color paint on your bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper.

Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I was going to say, something looked different about that rear end! Also as for the decals, I have some in the mail coming, and once the entire car is painted, I will look into the side stripes. I already have a seller who can make it in any color for me, $120 for the set.

Also I wanted to ask, where did you get that hood?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Here are pics of a real TME, for your guide. Try going to lanceregister.com for the parts, I am sure many of the people there can source them out for you.

Name:  _DSC1121.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  _DSC1281.jpg
Size:  74.3 KB
Name:  _DSC1476.jpg
Size:  90.9 KB
Name:  fv0001_6.jpg
Size:  42.9 KB

It may be cheaper to get it from UK that directly from Japan. You may still use your stock dash by the way. But one thing you also have to look for are the seats. TME seats says Tommi Makinen Edition

Name:  fv0001_2.jpg
Size:  24.2 KB

Last edited by rawandbruteEVO; Aug 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Ah thanks for the pics. Also thanks for the tip on lancerregister. I had gone there but haven't joined until now.

Another thing I should mention is that I am not going for a perfect conversion here. I am going to have the interior be black and blue (at least until I have enough for an entire TME interior) using the Evo 8 seats.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

There are some though that may sell you the whole package, sometimes even cheaper than getting them individually. Here, we call it "Half-cut Evo conversion kit" which includes the whole rear section of the car, engine, doors, fenders, suspension, engine, transmission, rims, and even seats. In UK, I don't know what they call it.

If you are not much in a hurry though, you may save more with that. Just canvass around. Though I must admit, the Evo 8 seats are way more comfortable than those of the older gen Evos. My 5 RS is used when I bought it, the former owner told me it did not even have bucket seats so he got Evo 5 GSR Recaro seats from Japan. I feel so cramped in it.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah mine is a real TME RS which that model only came in white so I did the paint job like the tommi mak rally scheme, solid red just didn't do it for me

Everything on it's stock so I couldn't tell you where to get the hood
Old Aug 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_knight
Yeah mine is a real TME RS which that model only came in white so I did the paint job like the tommi mak rally scheme, solid red just didn't do it for me

any interest to sell it
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_knight

FYI, the TME RS original LHD came out in three colors. The red with rally stripes (picture above), grayish silver, and white. During that time, we had three options in the showrooms for the TMEs. The red with rally stripes were the most limited.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Sell?!?! oh heck no lol you'd have to pry this one off me..

As for the color the info on these cars is limited in the states and I was using info from the lancer-evo.net buyers guide that said the "The RS is available in Scotia White only." and figured the RS-II was the one with color options, either way thanks for the info

but back on topic... more conversion pics!!!!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 06:06 PM

Nice project. I thought of that long time ago but didn't do it. Too much effort to do that.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, long time no update!

I have painted the interior panels black which I regret, due to the incredible cheapness of the paint, should have just picked up some black panels. And I also bought a cluster with a tach, which I will also replace soon with a JDM Evo 6 or TME one.

(Taken with iPhone, so poor quality!)
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:50 AM
vik
Evolving Member

If you will want the airbag MOMO steering wheel of VI, drop me a PM
Good luck with the project

Quick Reply: 98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME