Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Snowboard Racksthatsuck on Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice rack. haha.

and to the guy a few posts up with the silver evo with the rack, i love it. i want it. and i hate you for having no front plate holes!!! haha
Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
nice rack. haha.

and to the guy a few posts up with the silver evo with the rack, i love it. i want it. and i hate you for having no front plate holes!!! haha
well, you won't be able to hate me much longer, because i'm getting the bracket and drilling the bumper to put it on. unless i get some heavy duty velcro and make it work that way. too many cops busting people for no front plates around me.
thanks for the compliment
Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:11 AM
Evolving Member

wow that is awesome! i wanted a snowboard rack also =]
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as it doesn't heat up too much while you are driving around. I havn't dealt with those suction cups specifically, but I know that if you apply suction cups in the cold and then heat them they have a tendency to release due to the pressure rise inside the cup. It shouldn't be too bad on the roof.... i notice it more for Radar Detector suction cups put on the windshield in winter and then blasted with the defroster.

If you wanted to look into a different avenue, you could try a powerful but padded magnet (to prevent rooftop scratching.) I used to deliver pizza in my Lancer OZ and the sign that goes on top of the car was held on with 4 magnets covered in rubber. We usually still kept a towel underneath it to completely prevent scratching.

I had that thing on my car going over bumpy dirt/gravel roads, turning at the limit, and highway runs of 100mph. It never moved. Just food for thought.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:23 PM

Very cool dude! I like the suction cup setup; def. going to keep that in mind.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:43 PM

I thought of the whole magnet deal before.....But I have an MR.....It has an Aluminum room.....You think it'd stick to the frame underneth?

Originally Posted by OneEyedJack
As long as it doesn't heat up too much while you are driving around. I havn't dealt with those suction cups specifically, but I know that if you apply suction cups in the cold and then heat them they have a tendency to release due to the pressure rise inside the cup. It shouldn't be too bad on the roof.... i notice it more for Radar Detector suction cups put on the windshield in winter and then blasted with the defroster.

If you wanted to look into a different avenue, you could try a powerful but padded magnet (to prevent rooftop scratching.) I used to deliver pizza in my Lancer OZ and the sign that goes on top of the car was held on with 4 magnets covered in rubber. We usually still kept a towel underneath it to completely prevent scratching.

I had that thing on my car going over bumpy dirt/gravel roads, turning at the limit, and highway runs of 100mph. It never moved. Just food for thought.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b0xdesigns
I thought of the whole magnet deal before.....But I have an MR.....It has an Aluminum room.....You think it'd stick to the frame underneth?
just get the Yakima. it's worth the money, especially knowing it'll stay on in all situations and you never have to worry about it. and once you put it on once, you can take it off in literally one minute, and it's just as easy to put back on.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:15 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could you link me to where I could find that lip...it looks badass
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:52 AM

Interesting design. Make sure the roof is clean before your clamp those monster suction cups down though.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

nice rack