Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

How to apply Zaino questions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2003, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to apply Zaino questions?

Is this all done by hand or machine? I read the instructions.

Also how long does it take.

How long will Zaino Last?
How many coats do you guys suggest?
Will it last after many washes?
How often do you re-apply a new coat?
Do you just do the last steps to re-apply or have to start from scratch?

Thanks
for your help
Old Sep 21, 2003, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

you can put it on anyway you like. but its hella expensive to waste it by putting it on by a buffer. it takes as long as you take to apply a wax by hand...i can't give you an exact # of hours.

it should last 6 months to a year depending on how many coats you put on it.

put like 2 coats of z5 and about 4 coats of z2 on and you won't ever have to reapply it. just use the z7 you should have bought, or just use some quick detailer from megiars or eagle 1.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

I've always been putting it on by hand. It all depends on how detailed you want it to be, you can get it applied in 20 to 40 minutes. I usually put 2 coats on every 3 to 4 months.

Once you put it on, it's not necessary to redo everything from scratch. You'll just need to wash it real good and make sure there's no water spot and reapply Z5/Z2
Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whys is it such a ****in batch to take off?!?! Ive never had ANY wax so difficult to take off before. I'll wait until its completly dry, but it have to kill my arms to take the crap off. Whats up??? I used dish soap and clayed the car prior, but it was still crazy hard to get off. It didnt get any easier with more coats either..
Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

I only put 1 coat of Zaino Z5 for 30 minutes and used a cotton shirt using my hand to buff it on 6/15/03. Until now my car looks like this...

I only used clean cotton shirt to keep it clean.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

^ try putting on a couple more coats...itll look even better.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm about to undertake a huge Zaino task, which I expect will take 2 days. I'm taking my time on this one: Z7 wash, Dawn dish soap wash, claybar, Z7 wash, Z5, polish, Z5, polish, Z6. Will post pics once I'm done.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

if i were u i wudnt wash it with z7 after u clay bar it. just rinse it off and clay bar it from there. and you're going to want to use some z2 in there...unless thats what you mean by polish. but apply all the polish coats first, then wax coats when ur done. make sure you know how to use zaino and if you are not using the ZFX use z1 as your very first step.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

If your having problems taking it off that means your putting too much on. A kit of Zaino should last you about 2 years if done right. I don't think some people realize how thin they can put it on.

I have the wash, clay bar, detailing spray, polish, and the ZFX enhancer. So far I have about 5 coats on my Evo.

The hard part is getting started. You have to strip and wax or other polish off you've applied in the past with Dawn dish soap and then go over it with the clap bar. I then wash it again with Dawn adn rinse it off. I then wash it with the Zaino soap, dry it, spray it with the detailing spray, and then put a coat of Zaino with the ZFX in it. After tha has been all done, you can put as many coats you want on it. It just gets better and better every time.

Use the detailing spray in between washes to clean it and put a god deep reflection on it.

I'll usually put it on at night time when it's late and leave it sit til the next day. That way it's good and dry by then. You can even do it in the sun. It's well worth the money if you ask me.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by leif
if i were u i wudnt wash it with z7 after u clay bar it. just rinse it off and clay bar it from there. and you're going to want to use some z2 in there...unless thats what you mean by polish. but apply all the polish coats first, then wax coats when ur done. make sure you know how to use zaino and if you are not using the ZFX use z1 as your very first step.
I haven't taken a look at their website yet, but I'm following every step they have on their instructions.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Thoe99
I'm about to undertake a huge Zaino task, which I expect will take 2 days. I'm taking my time on this one: Z7 wash, Dawn dish soap wash, claybar, Z7 wash, Z5, polish, Z5, polish, Z6. Will post pics once I'm done.
Doesn't look like the first step with Z7 is necessary, the Dawn will do the job. Make sure you put on a coat of Z2 everytime after you put on Z5, because it has better optical property than Z5, i.e. make you car shine more. Also, don't put more than 3 coats at one day with ZFX.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted to do a regular wash before Dawn, cuz I don't wanna be scrubbing Dawn over my car. I just want to wipe it on and wash it off.