Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Space'n

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
before anyone rush's out to do this, I should report i am experiencing rubbing in the back. I will likely be rolling my fenders soon.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unsungboxer
before anyone rush's out to do this, I should report i am experiencing rubbing in the back. I will likely be rolling my fenders soon.
Im just curious if you rub in the front when you fully crank the wheel and if you notice any handling benefits from a wider stance..
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Might be a silly question but, do you think that by running a 15mm spacer in front would it be able to fit the same sided tire all the way around ?

Looks good BTW, I was just looking into this.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks fpr all the compliments and questions.

I anticipated that there would be rubbing issues, but they appear to be mostly in the back. To those asking if I have noticed improvements in handling, I really can't say because I Haven't driven it hard enough to tell. I don't want to risk tire/fender damage yet.

I plan to roll the top part of the rear fenders soon. This should stop the rubbing and allow me to take corners at a reasonable speed to judge if handling has improved.

This is not a simple "bolt on and drive". If you plan on running a setup like this expect to either roll the fenders or run agressive camber
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:29 PM

rub a dub dub looks great
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by unsungboxer
Thanks fpr all the compliments and questions.

I anticipated that there would be rubbing issues, but they appear to be mostly in the back. To those asking if I have noticed improvements in handling, I really can't say because I Haven't driven it hard enough to tell. I don't want to risk tire/fender damage yet.

I plan to roll the top part of the rear fenders soon. This should stop the rubbing and allow me to take corners at a reasonable speed to judge if handling has improved.

This is not a simple "bolt on and drive". If you plan on running a setup like this expect to either roll the fenders or run agressive camber
I roll my own fenders with a fender roller and heat gun. And I have the rears taken care of already. So thats really a non issue. Thanks for the info, where did you pick those spacers up from ?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice alternative for a wider track.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:13 PM
Account Disabled

I like
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

If you are going to run spacers, I would recommend getting mudflaps. With my summer wheels I run 15mm in the front and 5mm in the back to get my wheels to clear (they are 10 inches wide). before the mudflaps it was a constant barrage of gravel down the sides of the car.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:46 PM

are u using the stock studs?? or did u get extended studs? thanks and they look sick by the way
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
looks really nice. I have a question tho...do the wheels slip right onto the spacers? In the 2nd pic u have up, with just the spacer mounted w/ no wheel, it looks like the original wheel studs are sticking thru the spacer which would prevent the wheel from sitting flush w/ the spacer. is this true or am i seeing things?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
looks really nice. I have a question tho...do the wheels slip right onto the spacers? In the 2nd pic u have up, with just the spacer mounted w/ no wheel, it looks like the original wheel studs are sticking thru the spacer which would prevent the wheel from sitting flush w/ the spacer. is this true or am i seeing things?
Most wheels have cavities on the back mating surface in between the lug nut holes to save weight. The car lug studs fit right in those cavities. It WILL prevent you from using the factory spare unless you take off the spacer though...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Happy to report that after some mild fender rolling on the rears there is no more rubbing. Fronts are untouched and do not rub on normal bumps or even full cranked turns at normal speeds. The rears are not agressively rolled (because I was nervous lol). I went from normal 90 degrees to about 150 degrees using a roller and heat gun. No damage to paint or fender.

Afterwards I was able to drive spiritedly with nice results. Car feels like one with wider wheels and tires (surprise surprise). Overall I am happy with this mod.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

I like it. How much did the spacers run you? And do you have any issues with it?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Looks awesome. I might just ditch my idea of buying another set of wheels and just get MR's to ride on daily.

Quick Reply: Space'n