Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

She is gone....forever....

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alan your evo will never be forgotten and im sure ull make the same name for the genisis!!!
Old May 12, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Yup

Originally Posted by riceball777
what a downgrade

word
Old May 12, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Downgrade huh? Look what Rhys Millen has done with the Genesis since last season's Formula Drift plus the fact that the same car runs up Pike's Peak like a scalded dog. I could see where you all might think going from awd to rwd as being a downgrade, but at the end of the day you gotta remember one thing, your opinion doesn't mean a thing to anyone but yourself. I love my Evo, and I'd gladly park a Genesis next to it in the garage if I could afford another car.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
you went from a mans car, to a chick car.... i would consider it a downgrade for sure, not many cars out there can compare performance wise to an evo for under 45k. yes the genesis is a pretty good car for the money, can get some power, and doesnt look too bad. think about it though, would you trade in a E46 M3 or S4, for a genesis? ill let the answer speak for itself.
You sir are an idoit , and evo isnt even in the same league as a E46 m3 , or a B7 S4 , And i have owned all 3 cars. S4 Rides 100x Better then an evo , and the fit and finish on the interior blows the evo out of the water. Great the evo is an awsome track car , and can go fast on the streets , but it stops there. And your G37 > RWD Turbo , What car has more potential down the road without dropping a 8k Turbo system into it.... The geni. And its 10,000$ less to start with.

For all you other Mitsu Fanboys Knocking the geni , Mitsu makes what... ONE Decent car? the rest of there lineup is absolute ****. As a company Hyundia is Expanding and doing much better then mitsu to my knowlage.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Are you going through evo withdrawals yet??

I do like the new genesis coupe though. It is the only korean car I would consider buying. Good luck with the new build!
Old May 12, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

bunch of haters out here today. Figure I will join the pack!

what were you thinking? A 350z would have been twice the car. I understand why you wouldnt go with the 370z as far as price. But damn! Sure Rhys Millen can drift the s*** out of that car, but your still stuck with a 2.0 turbo RWD coupe, which will never outperform the Evo. Dont get me wrong those cars look O.K. but,paying in the mid to high 20's for that was a mistake.

My rant is over good luck with modding!

Its your money!
Old May 12, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

You should upgrade to a GTR
Old May 12, 2010, 03:05 PM

what made you get the genesis vs an Evo X???
Old May 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

time change why not start with a new platform that is un developed. Congrats alain you had the best of the best on your Evo and im sure the GenCoupe will be the same.

Change is good. and to all the people who told you its a downgrade it doesent matter! its your car and your money. you did the right thing in purchasing what you wanted!

enjoy!
Old May 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BostonEvo
You sir are an idoit , and evo isnt even in the same league as a E46 m3 , or a B7 S4 , And i have owned all 3 cars. S4 Rides 100x Better then an evo , and the fit and finish on the interior blows the evo out of the water. Great the evo is an awsome track car , and can go fast on the streets , but it stops there. And your G37 > RWD Turbo , What car has more potential down the road without dropping a 8k Turbo system into it.... The geni. And its 10,000$ less to start with.

For all you other Mitsu Fanboys Knocking the geni , Mitsu makes what... ONE Decent car? the rest of there lineup is absolute ****. As a company Hyundia is Expanding and doing much better then mitsu to my knowlage.

lol what this guy said, i've owned my evo since december....... i've already tried to trade it in 3 times.. going from a porsche to an evo is just too damn hard, i've driven a 2.0t base model and let me tell you its about 10 times better interior wise than the evo.. my boy bought his for 20k, 22k out the door.. BASE MODEL!! comes with bluetooth, cruise control (yes evo guys cruise control!!), power windows doors and locks, six speed manual transmission, xm radio, ipod connectivity, and a stereo that sounds better then a cell phone speakerphone.. point being, what the genesis coupe represents makes it one of the best tuner cars on the market!! lets say you buy one and do something crazy like swap a 4G63 or sr20 into it.. for the 22k you spent on the car, you would still be cheaper than buying a 370 with comparable options and making it fast.. i hate to say it but mitsubishi makes sh@# cars, the evo included.. their only saving grace is that it drives better than 80%-90% of all the cars in its class and a little bit higher.. but we are talking about what is now a 33-45k dollar car! thats bmw money! anyways i hope this guy mods his gen coupe and i hope him the best with his choice in buying a decent car..
Old May 12, 2010, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

the genesis is such a sick ****ing car. that car has such a unique look and performance to back it up. yea the badging kinda downgrades it but still. yall are trippin lol.
Old May 12, 2010, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigben
Look what Rhys Millen has done with the Genesis since last season's Formula Drift plus the fact that the same car runs up Pike's Peak like a scalded dog.
Pretty sure that Rhys' drift car is running the V8 up front and the Pikes Peak car is running a rear engine setup. Trying to compare either of those full on race cars to a stock 2.0 Genesis is simply irrelevant to any conversation (unless it is about the exterior looks of the car).

To the OP-Good luck with the new ride.
Old May 12, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Domo!!!!!!!
Old May 12, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CoachG
Pretty sure that Rhys' drift car is running the V8 up front and the Pikes Peak car is running a rear engine setup. Trying to compare either of those full on race cars to a stock 2.0 Genesis is simply irrelevant to any conversation (unless it is about the exterior looks of the car).

To the OP-Good luck with the new ride.
And not to mention the entire car is hand laid carbon fiber and no interior.

I drive them on a daily basis. The shifters are sloppy and the throttle by wire is the slowest reaction between shifts on any car since the auto (stick shift transmissions) came out with the +- buttons on the steering wheel 10 years ago.

What it comes down to is hyundai entered a market they have never been in before. And most people have a hard time biting off a $27,000 price tag on a hyundai. They really had the right idea when they had a price strategy of $18-21,000...

IF they had made the motor as stout as the evoX and IF they ran a beefy transmission and IF the price was more tiburon style I believe the car would be a hit. Hyundai entered the USA with cars in the sub 10,000 range and were junk. They now have $70,000 cars and keeping the name tag hyundai only makes you think .
Old May 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

im not saying i dont like the genisisbecause i actually kinda do but i couldnt get rid of my evo for one but thats just me. its all about what makes U happy.

Quick Reply: She is gone....forever....