Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

jdm bumper blues....fender fitment questions..and some other JDM bumper questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks fake
Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

Real or not.... the corner looks like it was dropped. That to me, looks to be the root of your issue. I would try to straighten that up and see what happens.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by b0yw0nder
going to go straight to the point, fitment at the fenders on my JDM bumper is horrible.

what are other people's experience with it?

could i have been sold a replica rather than OEM part and thats why it doesn't fit well, or is this likely an installer issue?

other unrelated questions:
1. what is the official "color" of the diffuser? it looks like my installer painted it a gloss black when other's is more of a matte color. (the OEM part should have been painted APEX silver but they said it wasn't matching so they repainted)

2. does anyone have pics of a clipped stock exhaust? where does it get shortened? in the piping or at the tip?

3. are any manufacturers making plate backings to cover up the JDM hole?

1. i think you got ripped off and sold a replica NOBODY HAS TO REPAINT JDM REARS UNLESS YOUR TALKING ABOUT BBY AS THEY WERE NEVER MADE IN THAT COLOR. I should know i made a very very very very detailed installation guide of that rear you should have followed and did it yourself.

2. the exhaust should get shorten at the tip hommie always or you can buy a jdm rear exhaust steup

3. nobody makes backing plates but I DO MAKE A CUSTOM one but im not a vendor

4. The diffusor color is unreleased by mitsubishi period its not listed anywhere as its a custom color. I would know i messaged the japanese corporate office only to be told where to go. I found a paint shop and we spent a week custom mixing colors till we had it

5. you can verfiy its a real jdm rear buy the mits logo on the sticker on the inside of the bumper

Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX

4. The diffusor color is unreleased by mitsubishi period its not listed anywhere as its a custom color. I would know i messaged the japanese corporate office only to be told where to go. I found a paint shop and we spent a week custom mixing colors till we had it
For future reference, it's: CMA10039, AKA Eisen Gray. Only comes in the JDM vortex generator, wing, and Mitsu Montero two tone.

To the OP - I believe the replicas are made out of fiberglass. I don't think any of them come in polyurethane.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

I think you bought a replica. There should be no painting needed on the rear diffuser area. My bumper fit perfectly fine and got it from driveline

Originally Posted by b0yw0nder
going to go straight to the point, fitment at the fenders on my JDM bumper is horrible.

what are other people's experience with it?

could i have been sold a replica rather than OEM part and thats why it doesn't fit well, or is this likely an installer issue?

other unrelated questions:
1. what is the official "color" of the diffuser? it looks like my installer painted it a gloss black when other's is more of a matte color. (the OEM part should have been painted APEX silver but they said it wasn't matching so they repainted)

2. does anyone have pics of a clipped stock exhaust? where does it get shortened? in the piping or at the tip?

3. are any manufacturers making plate backings to cover up the JDM hole?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by foam
I think you bought a replica. There should be no painting needed on the rear diffuser area. My bumper fit perfectly fine and got it from driveline
getting taken for a magic carpet ride is not fun
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:56 AM

the saving grace here is that I haven't paid for anything yet....meeting with the shop/vendor manager today about this

will update this as soon as I can.

thanks for all the help so far.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

he bought his off another member. his also isnt as wide on the sides. i got mine from driveline and its perfect.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
after removing and reinstalling my jdm rear a second time I had similar fitment issues on the two quarter panel sections heading towards the tail lights

I have yet to loosen everything and adjust it but the initial time it lined up perfectly

I contribute this to my modified usdm crash beam...which is putting some pressure in certain places on the back end thus stretching the bumper out very slightly

just food for thought
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for posting those pictures RockmanX! For those looking to purchase a REAL JDM Bumper, make sure that the vendor explains how the package will arrive:

(Unfortunately, due the increased cost of importing these bumpers, we are no longer shipping them with the original Mitsubishi boxes)
1. (For orders which weren't shipped in the Mitsu box, post Sept. 2009) Does it come wrapped in the official Mitsubishi Motors of Japan bubble-wrap, cut specifically for the OE-bumpers (JDM)?
2. Does it have the official Mitsubishi stamps/tags stuck onto that bubble-wrap?
3. Does it have those same stamps/tags on the inside of the bumper?
4. Are the Mitsubishi part-codes engraved into the inside of the bumper?
5. Is the tow-hook cover placed inside its own packaging, with an official Mitsubishi part number tag attached?

All or any of these questions should should help you from getting screwed over.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrivelineSales
Thanks for posting those pictures RockmanX! For those looking to purchase a REAL JDM Bumper, make sure that the vendor explains how the package will arrive:

(Unfortunately, due the increased cost of importing these bumpers, we are no longer shipping them with the original Mitsubishi boxes)
1. (For orders which weren't shipped in the Mitsu box, post Sept. 2009) Does it come wrapped in the official Mitsubishi Motors of Japan bubble-wrap, cut specifically for the OE-bumpers (JDM)?
2. Does it have the official Mitsubishi stamps/tags stuck onto that bubble-wrap?
3. Does it have those same stamps/tags on the inside of the bumper?
4. Are the Mitsubishi part-codes engraved into the inside of the bumper?
5. Is the tow-hook cover placed inside its own packaging, with an official Mitsubishi part number tag attached?

All or any of these questions should should help you from getting screwed over.
basically everything i posted in the pics LOL. here is one more pic for driveline haa

I takes pics of everything not going to get anything over my head with poor shipping etc haaa
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:08 PM
Former Sponsor

^^Another reason as to why we haven't used those Mitsubishi boxes in (close to) 2 years. Too many flexible points where the bumper might get damaged, plus that cardboard is only single ply. Every bumper we ship is guarded around a 25lb 2-ply box.

Question for you- Did you have a hard time opening that box? It looked like Jaws tried unpacking everything.

Last edited by DrivelineSales; Jun 15, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrivelineSales
^^Another reason as to why we haven't used those Mitsubishi boxes in (close to) 2 years. Too many flexible points where the bumper might get damaged, plus that cardboard is only single ply. Every bumper we ship is guarded around a 25lb 2-ply box.

Question for you- Did you have a hard time opening that box? It looked like Jaws tried unpacking everything.
lol its all good you seen my new updated jdm rear install thread
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:26 AM

driveline team, just so I understand, you're saying you guys have never had someone complain about bumper fitment and that all the bumpers you have received and sent out fit without any issues?

as for the comment above about doing it myself, I 100% agree except that my car was already in for mechanicam work and they were only going to tack on .5hr to take care of the bumper.....that was well worth the cost of my time
Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:45 AM

Got mine from driveline fits perfectly and doesnt look fat and bloated like the american bumpers look from the factory. So sorry your having problems hope you come to a quick resolution that gets you a true jdm bumper with out cost to you. Best of luck

Quick Reply: jdm bumper blues....fender fitment questions..and some other JDM bumper questions