Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Zaino vs Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had exceptional results with 3M imperial hand glaze followed by Blitz One Grand Wax.

I've found the Blitz wax to be the easiest to apply and remove using my hands to apply and a microfiber cloth to remove. I have used both Meguiars and Zaino products before and am sticking with the Blitz. It's only about $10 a can and at the rate I'm going I'll get at least a dozen waxes out of the can I have.

Just my humble opinion. Beading action is excellent in repeated hard rain storms and lasts the 3 months or so it normally takes me to get off my *** and do a full strip and wax.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE DAY 12:

We'll we've had nasty snow and ice which means twice as much salt, brine and cinders. We've had temps in the teens so I had not done much until last night. I couldn't stand the salt any longer so I hit the high pressure hand spray at the carwash.

I went pretty mild on the soap and did mostly rinsing. In the end the water bead was nice (until it froze) and both sides again look and feel the same. No noticeable bead, shine or feel difference.

I will include photos when there is something to actually see unless you want to see a Tarmac salt Evo. I've been mostly checking the hood since that is one of the few spots both waxes are side by side.

On a side note the only ones crazy enough to be at the car wash on such a terrible night were me and some guy in a modded up Blue 2002 WRX (including the full body yellow Subaru factory graphics) and a massive exhaust pipe. He just about broke his neck to get a good look at the Evo.

DAY 12 NO Difference.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

hmmm..have you changed the mits sign at the front? it looks diff. (and cool) to me on the black
Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

good eye. Yes it's blacked out with just a little chrome showing on the edges. Same on the back also. I'm no fan of chrome so the rest may go this summer in favor of carbon fiber or something like that.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 12:14 AM
EJM

How about an update> I was enjoying the thread but it just kind of died on the vine. I for one am very interested in your results. This is especially true as I can't get Zaino locally and it is time to get some protection on my new RA.

Regards & Thanks for your efforts
EJM
Old Jan 30, 2004, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE DAY 34:

Actually it's good timing. We've had nothing but snow and temperatures in the teens for weeks so other than being able to say both sides look salty and a total mess I had no update.

I did spray off the car last night and had a chance to look it over this morning in the light. Visually there is still no difference. Both sides beaded nicely (although not great) and both sides feel equally smooth. The reflective quality looks exactly the same from all angles and this after weeks of paint finish torture.

Day 34: Still no difference!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:08 PM

this is a great thread, i just read it all. anyway, im probly wrong, but isnt zaino the only "wax" that is meant to be applied in multiple coats? i thought doing two or more coats with just about anything else was pointless, where the extra coats dont do anything.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

like yur mitsu emblem dude thats pimp
Old Jan 30, 2004, 11:08 PM
EJM

I have found a Zaino source in Vancouver but I won't be able to get over there for a few weeks. (It's only 30 some klm from here but it's all ocean)

I have some MeGuiars Gold Class liquid and McGuiars car wash. I would like to get some thing on the paint now, would it make sense to go ahead with this now and switch to Zaino later?

Would appreciate any feedback on this. I am planing on just putting the Gold Class on after I wash and will wait to clay etc with the Zaino.

Thanks all
regards
EJM
Old Jan 31, 2004, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

As far as multiple coats I know people that have been doing that for years with Meguiars and Mothers. Since several of them are detailers as a profession I'd say the multiple coats do help. Meguiars has been selling multi-layered consumer and professional systems for years also.

EJM - I'd put something on now to protect the car now. With Zaino you pretty much have to strip everything off to start anyway.

EVO8WHOA - thanks
Old Jan 31, 2004, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I have to agree about the clay bar mentioned a few pages back. I used to think it stripped clearcoats or damaged your paint. Me and my buddy took it to his posche and we noticed a pretty nice difference.

I use Meguire's Gold Class Wax and Car Wash right now, but I'm probably going to get the kit for when spring comes. I can't wash my baby at all in this damn weather . Plus, our pipes are shut off for the hoses
Old Jan 31, 2004, 10:02 AM
EJM

Wmcorcor & Deceit, thanks for your replies. Being a newbie, it is great having your conclusions confirmed. I really appreciate the timing too as I am just waiting for the temperature to come up a few dgrees so I can start washing.

We had a touch of frost last night. Life is tough in the great white north of Canada. This is probably going to set back my tee off time as well.

Regards all

EJM
Old Feb 15, 2004, 09:17 PM
EJM

Wmcorcor, just thought I would jump in and see if anything has changed in your comparison test. I went ahead and used the Meguiars for now. It is wet and sloppy here on Vancouver Island so nothing looks good after the first block. At least i have protection and am going to keep it up until it gets a little dryer. Our winter should be over in a few weeks, this is a great climate. Never too hot or too cold.

What opinions are there on putting down multiple coats of Meguiars?

Regards
EJM
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by EJM
What opinions are there on putting down multiple coats of Meguiars?

Regards
EJM
Back when I used meguiar's, it didnt' make a visible difference putting more than 1 coat on. I couldn't tell a difference touching it either. It probably protected my car more, but that's something out of my observation. I use Zaino now, which I hear improves with each added coat. I haven't had time to put more than 1 coat on cuz it takes so damn long to do so, haha.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

None of you have probably ever heard of it, but it is simply the most amazing wax I have ever used. It's called Wizard's. Stuff looks cheap (but doesn't have a cheap pricetag) etc... but is amazing... Put it this way.. my car has been through salt and all hell now for over 3 months without a hand wax.. and a simple drive through car wash and the car comes out glossy and shiny and smooth as all hell. Real easy way to see how much better it is as well is simply to wax your car with it, and run your hands over it... you'll never have felt anything like it!! Amazing stuff and lasts absolutely forever. All of the Wizard's line is amazing. I have converted entirely to using it!

You can buy it at a few stores here and there.. or get it online at

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/

Last edited by sdhotwn; Feb 16, 2004 at 06:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Zaino vs Meguiars