Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Zaino vs Meguiars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE DAY: 51

It's been frigid and messy. I did spray the car off again this weekend. The shine is pretty good considering I'm only rinsing (no sponge or anything that touches that car), and considering I'm not drying the car it comes out alright, but again on both sides you can't see or feel any difference.

I suspect when I can actually wash and dry the car it will be a better test than now but we'll see.

I do plan a good hand wash and dry when the weather allows and I will report more than also. For now the weather is sinning.

I will say both sides had tremendous salt and muck on them and both sides rinsed nicely. I also will note that the Wheel Wax has held up great as well.

DAY 51: Still no difference!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Isn't it almost to the point now if there is no visible difference after nearly 2 months that it's a wash? I mean how many of us are lazy enough to not wax our car at least once every 2 months???
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:46 AM

I have used Meguiar's Gold Class and Zaino. I did three steps to the Zaino the first time around. I am too lazy to go dig it out. A gloss enhancer and 2 different "waxes". The Zaino seems to last longer than the Meg's but I really like the carnuba "feel' of the Meguiar's. The Zaino was much harder to use too. Seemed to take twice as long to go over the whole car. I used the Gold Class at least once a month last Summer. After washing I would use Eagle One Quick Wax spray on it. Great results with that combo.

I take the Zymol mentioned wasn't the cheap version they sell at Autozone. That stuff is crap.

I was told to lay down a good foundation with the Zaino and keep using my Meg's over it. I dish soaped my car after teh Zaino last Summer. If I keep my car, I will try that in the Spring.

I will vouge for the claybars too. They pick a lot of junk out of the paint you just don't get with anything else.

I agree with the statement about the Subaru paint being poor too. Mine has faired well compared to others I have seen though. I wish I would have had my buddy shoot some more clear over it after I bought it.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

No not for me at least. The real test for me is a real wash and dry. I haven't been able to actually wash the car by hand a dry it, AND live with that for a clean week or so. I want to see which one holds up better when the car is really clean. With this sort of daily crap on the roads and on the car it's only a test of survival. The real winner for me is who comes out at the end of this, cleans up well and holds the shine longer.

I know people who love their cars that only wax them once a year.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 07:14 AM

I know people who love their cars that only wax them once a year.
That isn't true love.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

It's tough love according to them...
Old Feb 16, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

I'd say tough love

The Wizard's wax is so hard and so smooth once it is applied that when we finished my brothers T-Bird we threw the towels on the hood and the damn things slid right down and off. And that is a large flat hood. I've never seen any other wax do anything like that, but to be honest I have never seen or tried Zaino's, but I am very happy with Wizards.. all of their products are fantastic. I love their interior stuff. Amazing. Gives a fantastic smooth luster without getting super glossy or crappy armor all kind of look etc. Very good stuff.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'd love to see someone else compare two ther waxes...unfortunately I only have two sides to compare...
Old Feb 16, 2004, 01:43 PM

Don't they sell Wizard's at the swap meets & car shows? I think my buddy had some of that stuff.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

No idea... i've only found it in two places in Madison, WI and online in a couple of places. It isn't really advertised... more of a word of mouth sort of thing... It is supposedly famous for car show use etc.. but I don't go to many shows so I wouldn't know

But worth 16-18 bucks to try a bottle of it though for sure!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:05 PM

Wiard's

If this is the stuff, its the same he had.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Yep.. that's the stuff. what did you/he think of the stuff?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:18 PM

He paints cars for a living and liked that it could be used on fairly fresh paint. Not sure if he is still using it though. I will have to ask him when I see him Friday. I remembered the stuff because I was with him at a show and he conned the sales guy out of a couple of the micorfiber towels they sell.

I know he told me last Summer what he is using on his 911 but I don't rmember that part!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah it's a breathable shell, so the paint can be fresher etc when the wax is used. Supposedly, any paint that is under 6 months old is supposed to only be used with a breathable shell.

I'd be curious what he had to say good or bad. I've been happy with it, but always like additional opinions. I've never felt anythign like it. It's one of the most shocking things is how it feels. The surface of the vehicle feels completely different.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

I couldn't tell you the last time I washed my car by hand since it's been so cold, but I finally got around to do it Sat. I have about 10 coats of Zaino on my car and haven't put any on for about 3-4 months.

Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails Zaino vs Meguiars-dsc00314.jpg  

Quick Reply: Zaino vs Meguiars