Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evo IV Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have issues finding parts here and there, I can get used evo 4 parts no problem. They're pretty common over here and not overly expensive. PM if you get in a bind.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cloud9tribe
Nice, the dude is in my town San Fran. Well I wanna see this get in to gear.

Well I know I can find a Mirage for $500 or less.

Buy a front clip for 4k shipped.
get the her running first then go awd later. It is easy to work on the rear with a lift.
All the parts you need off a evo I can source you here in the Bay asap. I also can help you out with any fabrication, wiring. I did all my wiring over and over again just to clean it up, so I am pretty well comfortable with the circuits
Yea man I can't wait until I start this though, but I still got a year left in army. Once I get out, I'm jumping straight into this project. Until then I'm making a checklist for everything I need. I'll determine what parts I wanna use also, so my list will be changing due to parts I should use and what I shouldn't use. Once I decide on my final checklist, I'm gonna try to hoard all the parts and get em before I start, so hopefully that'll make the process faster. I'm trying to get the final checklist before I get out, it's alright though I have plenty of time. but yea man as soon as I get this project started or decide on a final checklist I'll hit you up! ohh and would you happen to have pictures of your e5?

Last edited by yoitsky0hh; Oct 1, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
If you have issues finding parts here and there, I can get used evo 4 parts no problem. They're pretty common over here and not overly expensive. PM if you get in a bind.

Alright man appreciate it! I'll let you know!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alchem1st
Yeah, AYC sucks. The E4 version can't handle any more than 300hp without grenading. Which transmission you use doesn't matter, which tcase you use does. I'm planning to run an Evo 4 tcase with an Evo 8 rear diff. The ratio's aren't the exact same, but it's so close it shouldn't matter. .005 off I believe. I've been told that Evo 4-9 RS rear axles are all the same length, so you should be able to use any of them.

Shiet if thats the case I'll go all E4 for the drivetrain: trans, dshaft, rsxfer case, rs axles, rs diff, and etc. I just wanna get a small feel of driving an e4
Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yoitsky0hh
\would you happen to have pictures of your e5?
There you go.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-evo-5-a.html

The other guys Bc and alchem1st is all koo guys, they have some builds in progress at the moment. They can help also smart dudes.

But yeah any time just email me, this account I hardly ever get on at all.

Hey where are you stationed, are you in the Marines?

Last edited by Cloud9tribe; Oct 2, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cloud9tribe
There you go.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-evo-5-a.html

The other guys Bc and alchem1st is all koo guys, they have some builds in progress at the moment. They can help also smart dudes.

But yeah any time just email me, this account I hardly ever get on at all.

Hey where are you stationed, are you in the Marines?

See man your conversion and many others ones I've seen makes me want to do this project even more.. clean *** ride though bro keep it up. but nope i'm in the arm and stationed in afghanistan right now. Leaving soon , but back to ft. drum, New York -_- and one more year then I'm out
Old Oct 2, 2011, 04:30 AM

So guys I've decided... I MIGHT! I REPEAT I MIGHT! Just start on the engine swap and exterior mods*interior and awd conversion later* THIS DECEMBER! wooo... but depending on if the parts arrive on time and If I can find 97-00 Mirage. But heres my checklist for december.. Please let me know if I have everything to complete the 5 Lug conversion and The engine swap. Please and Thank you

Front:
-OEM E4 Front Bumper w/ OEM E4 Lip & Support
-OEM E4 Mesh Grill w/ Emblem
-OEM E4 Right and Left Headlights *Black Housing*
-OEM E4 Right and Left corner lights *Black Housing*
-OEM E4 Right and Left Spotlights/Foglights
-OEM E4 Bonnet/Hood W/ OEM E4 vent
-OEM E4 Right and Left Fenders w/ OEM E4 Amber side Markers

Middle:
-OEM E4 Complete RS door Set w/ side badges, Door panels, regulator
-OEM E4 Right and Left Side Mirrors
-OEM E4 Side skirts
-OEM E4 Window/Door Visors

Rear:
-OEM E4 Right and Left tail lights
-OEM E4 Rear Bumper w/ Lip & Rear fog light assembly
-OEM E4 Trunk w/ OEM E4 relectors
-OEM E4 Trunk Red crystal plate garnish *seperated from truck*
-OEM E4 Spoiler/Wing w/ OEM E4 third brake light
-OEM E4 Mitsubishi Badge
-OEM E4 Lancer Badge
-OEM E4 Evolution IV Badge

5 Lug Conversion:
-OEM E4 5 Lug 16" OZ Rims
-OEM E4 Subframe Assembly
-OEM E4 Front and Rear Knuckles Complete Set
-OEM E4 Front and Rear Lower Control Arm's Complete Set
-OEM E4 Front and Rear Upper control Arm's Complete Set
-OEM E4 Front amd Rear Coilovers Complete set
-OEM E4 Front Sway Bar

Engine Swap:
-USDM E8 4G63 Complete engine
-USDM E8 Gauge Cluster
-OEM E8 EVAP and Smog Equipment
-OEM E8 Gauge Cluster
-OEM E4 Intake manifold
-OEM E4 Engine Bay Harness

Last edited by yoitsky0hh; Oct 2, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks pretty good. Only thing I can see that I would change is typically you buy the rear end all together from an importer so you shouldn't have to worry about buying all the separate little parts, and the other thing is the Evo 8 gauge cluster would be a huge hassle as it would have to be all custom work to make it fit and work. The E4 cluster is a direct swap out. It's what I'm using in mine.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Do you already have the car? There is a evo iv swapish here in Denver for sale. It needs the motor swapped and rear end. He has done all the exterior mods and the car has a fresh paint job.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:02 AM

im new to the site does anyone know where i can start a new post at i wanted to ask a question and cant seem to figure this out thanks
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:22 AM

Looks pretty good. Only thing I can see that I would change is typically you buy the rear end all together from an importer so you shouldn't have to worry about buying all the separate little parts, and the other thing is the Evo 8 gauge cluster would be a huge hassle as it would have to be all custom work to make it fit and work. The E4 cluster is a direct swap out. It's what I'm using in mine.

ohh -_- woww I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice I guess I'll go with that if you dont mind. other than that im pretty much set for the engine swap and the exterior work?. Also for the whole rear end. would that directly bolt onto the mirage floorpan? or would I have to swap out with a E4 floorpan?

Last edited by yoitsky0hh; Oct 2, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by evosdad
Do you already have the car? There is a evo iv swapish here in Denver for sale. It needs the motor swapped and rear end. He has done all the exterior mods and the car has a fresh paint job.

I don't have the car yet, but nahh man im good appreciate the offer though. I don't know man, I'd prefer to start from ground up and get that experience. I can't really explain
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

ohh -_- woww I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice I guess I'll go with that if you dont mind. other than that im pretty much set for the engine swap and the exterior work?. Also for the whole rear end. would that directly bolt onto the mirage floorpan? or would I have to swap out with a E4 floorpan?

You have to swap out the floorpans, so I hope you can weld.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:54 AM

You have to swap out the floorpans, so I hope you can weld.
-_- yea.... I'm asking the guy thats helping me with the car, but if not I'll try to find someone to help me... or go to a local shop, but thats more money
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

-_- yea.... I'm asking the guy thats helping me with the car, but if not I'll try to find someone to help me... or go to a local shop, but thats more money

Yup, as many can tell you this is not a cheap conversion. It would be cheaper to just buy a secondhand 8, but if you stick with it you'll have a very unique car that nobody else around you has guaranteed.

Quick Reply: My Evo IV Conversion